Importing Character ME2 to ME3

• Level   7

Something I noticed, and I don't know if this is normal or not.  I go to my hard drive, where all my ME1 & ME2 saves are located, and I noticed that it says the latest save I made is on June 26, 2010.  This isn't true, since I made a save March 5th, 2012. (Today)

Will this effect my transfer at all?  Or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance

Buckeyes, Browns, Cavs, Indians.  Can anyone say bandwaggon? 

• Level   8

Put in Mass Effect 2, click start new playthrough, click import me2 character and it'll show the characters you have saved.

Dragon's Dogma 1000/1000 on 2 gamertags. #nerd
    • Level   7

It shows one save. Created on 26/1/2010 (I don't know if that's correct since I imported it from ME1 on release day.)

• Level   8

As far as I know, if there isn't a save file for you to re-play ME2 with, there's no save file for you to import to ME3. Whatever saves you have available to load a game are the only saves you have.

• Level   7

But that doesn't make any sense.  When I hit load game in the menu, it shows all of my save that I made, even the most current one.  When I go to new game and I go to import ME2 character, it only shows the save from 2010...

• Level   8

Have you been continuing the game after you beat the final mission? I believe, though may be mistaken, that you can't start a new playthrough with a character that's still in a playthrough-in-progress. Whether or not those characters are import-able to ME3 or not, I have no idea.

• Level   7

Yes, I have, but only to do DLC.

Ok can you do me a favor?  On your console, go to your system storage on your dashboard.  Check to see if your latest Mass Effect 2 save is visable on your hard drive (or where ever you have your saves stored).  For example, like I said above, my latest save is March 5, 2012, but my hard drive shows 2 saves for me, one from January 26, 2010, and one from June 26, 2010.  Because if you can't see your latest save, then this may not be a big deal since it wouldn't only be me.

• Level   8

Sure....

All my saves are on my HDD. Sorry.

My most recent save is also under the Mass Effect Importer file. Check there for yours.

• Level   7

When I go to Mass Effect 2 Importer, all I see is (Player Name) : Level - 45.

So you're saying you see every saved file in the Mass Effect 2 Importer?

• Level   8

No. I see 1 in the Importer (my most recent playthrough), but I see all of my Sheps (including the 1 in the Importer) in the Mass Effect 2 file as well as seeing them all when I try to start a new playthrough w/ a ME2 character from the game itself. I have 7 Sheps . . . they're all present & accounted for.

• Level   7

Wow, fantastic.  Is there any way to fix this?  I put countless hours into ME 1 & 2.  I would really appreciate an answer.

• Level   8

Sorry, man. No idea.

• Level   7

Fantastic....guess I'll just cancel my pre order

• Level   1

I'm already having a problem importing my character too.  I've moved my save to the Cloud, a Thumb drive, and of course on my main device.  I can see the ME2 importer on 3 devices, on each I can click on it and see a 'Commander Shep level 50' save and I'm still unable to import.

Next step:  Pull old copies of ME1 & ME2 out of the dusty box and try resaving my most recent games then try importing again.

What a let down this is becoming...

• Level   3

Logice2ID .. I guess you're talking about ME1 to ME2 since only a ME1 or ME3 character can reach level 50. Anyhow, you import from in-game menu, not by running the importer separately, that'll just tell you what imports are available.

- ME1 stored a hidden import file each time you complete ME1 separate to the save game/career files so deleting the saves/career doesn't delete the import file.

- ME2 however appears to save the character in the saved game/careers so they can be deleted if you delete the saves/career... I could be wrong about that though but I don't think so.

** I still prefer the old forums even though they finally fixed the time zone setting!! **