Xbox 360 Mass Effect 3: Loading Screen Freeze / Dirty Disc Error

• Level   4

I've been getting system freezes during the loading screens since progressing past the prologue; more than 10 so far this morning.  I've also got the dirty disc error a few times at different points; some during starting the game, one during a failed attempt to install the game, and a couple during playing the game.  I'm not sure what's causing this.  I have a fairly new Xbox 360 (early 2011 model), and my other games run fine (Skyrim, Batman; Arkham City, COD;MW3).

Is anyone else having these issues?  I can't seem to find anything related to these errors and ME3.

~When can I rage about this?

• Level   5

You might want to consider taking the game back to the store and exchange it for a different copy.  If the same thing happens with a different copy, then something is either wrong with the game iteself or your Xbox.

• Level   2

Sorry, didn't realize that I posted this with an alt profile.  Anyway, I'm hoping to see anyone with similar issues reply here.  I don't see how it could be the disc....it looks fine upon close inspection.  My xbox runs my other games fine...no issues there.

www.reverbnation.com/protosapien

www.soundcloud.com/protosapien

• Level   5

I'm only suggesting it could be a disc issue because I have had issues with other games in the past not working right and after I exchanged it for a different copy, those issues were no longer a problem.  But like you said, we'll have to wait and see if others have this problem as more people (including me) pick up their copies later today.

• Level   8

I've had this same problem too. Game just gave me the disc read error message.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   5

Installing should solve disc read errors.

• Level   V

No problems here, try installing the disk. If that doesnt work return it and get a new copy

• Level   2

I've tried installing.  The game always gets a dirty disc error during install.

www.reverbnation.com/protosapien

www.soundcloud.com/protosapien

• Level   5

Then the disc is dodgy, take it back.

• Level   5

yeh ur best bet is to take it back for another copy.

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem.

• Level   1

mine got a black screen and freeze ; but i was playing the MP.

• Level   1

Took my disk out and looked at it. Found a big gouge in it. Returning it today for a replacement.

• Level   3

I am getting it but only on the DLC mission so I dont know if its really a dirty disc error.

GTA V!!! My body is ready!!!

• Level   1

I got a new ME3 disk. Same problem. Interestingly, it did go a little further.

This happen to us before with happened to us with Modern Warfair 3. We brought that game back 3 times. Finanlly we got one that worked. Now what the game stop folks said is they believe their is an issue with some of the first drives in the Xbox 360s. Although they work some of the time, they have a lot of reading issues. Microsoft is hush hush about it just like they were with the over heating issue in the 1st generation XBox 360's. Yes I know, I already had one of those fail. We have 3 Xboxes in our house. One is brand new and still in the box. I am going to try that one tonight and will let you know if it works. If so, MS has some esplainin :) to do.