Do you really need to play the multiplayer to get a good ending

• Level   2

I recently started over my profile and I'm playing through the all the Mass Effect games. But there's all this stuff about Galactic Rea diness meter and war assets in the third game. I wanna get my Galactic Readiness meter to 100% on all my playthroughs and get a good ending but I don't have money for a gold membership. All I have is the two day gold pass I got from the Collector's edition. Can I get the perfect ending from playing the single player alone or do I have to play multiplayer? 

• Level   2

You can get it from single player alone but you'll have to do near enough everything.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   3

They say you won't, but you'll end up having to anyways.

Apparently you have to do every side quest. Or something like that.

R2-D2, you know better than to trust a strange computer.

• Level   2

Do you guys know anyone who did it from single player alone

• Level   7

Adept Tactician

Do you guys know anyone who did it from single player alone

Yes, I did.. a few hours ago.

I have never played a single second of multiplayer outside of the demo. At the end, I had all 3 paths open to me and was able to see all 3 endings. I don't know exactly how much you have to do, but I did absolutely everything I was given. I when I went to the final conflict it was the only outstanding active quest left. I'm also not sure if it matters, but I did it with a character created originally in ME 1.

I can tell you from personal experience it is absolutely possible. I will say however, all 3 endings are basically the same so it actually doesn't matter much.

• Level   2

Was your shepherd alive at the the end

• Level   8

How co-op affects the endings explained:

forums.xbox.com/.../218853.aspx

-----

As others said, the best ending in the game can be achieved via singleplayer only, but you'll have to work hard to get it/

------

P.S Adept Tactician, please don't post such sentences without a spoiler warning. You've just given away the ending that many people will see.

• Level   7

Adept Tactician

Was your shepherd alive at the the end

No, I have still not found a way to have Shepard live. Apparently there is one where you see him draw breath at the end, but information on how to achieve this ending is convoluted so far and I can't figure out for sure how to do it.

• Level   2

Thanks for the advice xxWOLFxx TFD I'll keep that in mind next time

• Level   2

Sorry if I spoiled things for anyone I really wasn't trying to. I'll try not to spoil anything else

• Level   4

Yea...spoiled it for me. Even though I had a hunch and once I read "shepard still"  I COULD NOT avert my eyes <_<

• Level   2

Sorry about that

• Level   V

Thanks for spoiling the end, I clicked on this topic because I didnt think anyone would be that much of a jerk to do so... time to leave these forums AGAIN until I finish the game.

• Level   4

Adept Tactician

Sorry if I spoiled things for anyone I really wasn't trying to. I'll try not to spoil anything else

Don't be sorry. Anyone who is serious about the game and doesn't want it spoiled should finish it before they hit the boards anyway.

If you're mad that you entered a discussion about the end of the game and something got spoiled... you're an idiot.

• Level   9

Can one of the mods please delete this thread completely?  Thanks to the little exchange between DarthLama and Tactician about seven posts up, a pretty major spoiler was spilled.  And Toughy...since you obviously missed out on reading comprehension in school, the warning right at the top of this forum, in big bold letters is that spoiler warnings must be posted in the title.  

If you have trouble making line-breaks on forum posts, do the following:  Make sure you go to the "rich formatting" screen (do not use the small, quick-reply window below each forum post).  Now, hold down the shift key while pressing Enter at the end of a paragraph.  Do this twice and you will have a double space between paragraphs.  You're welcome.