Longevity of the multiplayer?

• Level   5

The multiplayer is pretty fun right now, but I find online console communities die off pretty fast (unless it's a first-person shooter ofc). Do you think you'll still be playing the multiplayer 6 months from now?

What noise will you make when you hit the ground? You think you'll hear it before you die?

• Level   5

I just posted a link in the other DLC idea's thread, it look's like Bioware plan on supporting the MP with further DLC, so hopefully the community will stick around - yeah i'm enjoying the MP aswell and i'd like to see em increase the amount of waves to each level similar to COD zombies

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Level   5

I'm not against multiplayer DLC as long as it doesn't take away the usual attention from single player DLC.. but it probably will. More maps and maybe even new "special" characters or exclusive armors for the characters already existing would be nice.

What noise will you make when you hit the ground? You think you'll hear it before you die?

• Level   5

Honestly I don't see it remaining active for a great deal of time.

-

The Horde mode is fun but the multiplayer folk also tend to like competitive modes so will likely head back to a Call of Duty or Gears of War title before long, where  they can fight in horde style battles as well as take on other people.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

I was originally thinking about this because I was wondering if I came back to play ME3 in a couple years now - how will I get my Galactic Readiness percentage up if the multiplayer is dead?

• Level   9

They might patch it to where it requires less galactic readiness for all the things.

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   9

Naw this co-op mode will not be active in a few years, that's not just for this game lol. But I can see a good month before a big drop off happens unless they keep the DLC's coming (I wish they did some for Syndicate as well). So yeah the mode is fun but it's a bit too short for me.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (5/20/14)

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)

Quantum Break (Most Anticipated)

• Level   2

im open to play mp all the time add me sometime.

myspace.com/charitypodcast my myspace
    • Level   7

Budgier

I was originally thinking about this because I was wondering if I came back to play ME3 in a couple years now - how will I get my Galactic Readiness percentage up if the multiplayer is dead?

This is has to be one of, if not the biggest reasons I think the whole galactic readiness being tied to MP is the stupidest idea they ever came up with. JMPO. Then, adding the fact that your galactic readiness actually decays over time pushes it right into the moronic realm. My copy of ME 2 sat for months on end without being touched, then I decided to go back and play through it again... I did this 'cycle' several times, play - give it a rest, play... How much will I feel like doing that with ME 3 if I know that a factor which contributes to the ending of my game is tied to a no longer existent MP group? As it is now, I have very few people on my F/L that play MP, they're all playing SP.

• Level   3

They even said that the multiplayer wouldn't affect the single player but obviously it does since you can't get the best ending without the galactic readiness up pretty high. But there is a rumor that BioWare is releasing new multiplayer races and classes.

Twitter @comicaldisaster

Community Manager for Vagary Like our Facebook page.

• Level   5

This is has to be one of, if not the biggest reasons I think the whole galactic readiness being tied to MP is the stupidest idea they ever came up with. JMPO. Then, adding the fact that your galactic readiness actually decays over time pushes it right into the moronic realm. My copy of ME 2 sat for months on end without being touched, then I decided to go back and play through it again... I did this 'cycle' several times, play - give it a rest, play... How much will I feel like doing that with ME 3 if I know that a factor which contributes to the ending of my game is tied to a no longer existent MP group? As it is now, I have very few people on my F/L that play MP, they're all playing SP.

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully when the multiplayer does die out, like @Ruthless said, they will patch the game giving us 100% Galactic Readiness as default - or at least a new way to obtain it.  Otherwise I'll be pretty ticked.

• Level   5

As long as they keep updating this game with new maps then the co-op should stay fairly active.   I have been hooked on this co-op since the day the demo came out.   In fact I am so addicted to this co-op mode that I only have 6 hours into the campaign!!   We beat it on gold a couple nights ago.    :)

• Level   8

Like any horde mode MP, it'll get lame quick for most people -- especially considering many true ME vets (ie, here since game 1) didn't want MP in the 1st place.

Dragon's Dogma 1000/1000 on 2 gamertags. #nerd
    • Level   8

ColonelBoston

Like any horde mode MP, it'll get lame quick for most people -- especially considering many true ME vets (ie, here since game 1) didn't want MP in the 1st place.

I am one of those ME vets that did not want Multiplayer at all in the ME series.  Luckily they never added multiplayer, they added 4 player co-op and it has been an absolute blast!!   I am shocked to say that I have only put about 6 hours into the campaign. Been severly hooked on the 4 player co-op mode.  The best part is your co-op characters and points can be used toward the campaign.  I have 5 characters that I could recruit right now for the campaign. 

• Level   8

CAMAROBOY69

I am one of those ME vets that did not want Multiplayer at all in the ME series.  Luckily they never added multiplayer, they added 4 player co-op and it has been an absolute blast!!   I am shocked to say that I have only put about 6 hours into the campaign. Been severly hooked on the 4 player co-op mode.  The best part is your co-op characters and points can be used toward the campaign.  I have 5 characters that I could recruit right now for the campaign. 

Co-op is multiplayer though... "We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air..." -- Casey Hudson (3/13/12) Link here

Dragon's Dogma 1000/1000 on 2 gamertags. #nerd