Mass Effect 3 multiplayer event with free items!

• Level  

For those of you who don't check the ME3 forum-

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9992705

~~~

Operation
    Goliath

Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide
    operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known
    as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage
    the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting
    begins.
    Community Goal: Inflict
    heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.
    Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7
    squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following
    week.
    Squad Goal: Successful
    extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or
    higher.
    Squad Unlock: Your squad
    will be granted a Commendation Pack.
    Your allies are counting on you. Now
    is not the time to let them down.
    Welcome to the first N7 Challenge
    weekend!

Join your friends on line between 5 PM PST Friday, March
    16 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 19, and take the fight to the Reapers like never
    before.

• Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper
      faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack.  This
      means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the
      mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a
      maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon.
      Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s
      Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT
      obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs.   The Commendation
      Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7
      Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.
    • Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer
      community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge,
      ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward. 

PLEASE
    NOTE THAT REWARDS WILL UNLOCK ON TUESDAY, MARCH 20 @ 5 PM PST. YOU MUST REDEEM
    (OPEN) YOUR PACKS IN THE MULTIPLAYER STORE MENU WITHIN 7 DAYS, AT WHICH POINT
    THE PACKS WILL EXPIRE AND CANNOT BE RESTORED.

@MODS- I'm aware that this could be moved to the Mass Effect forum. Please don't do that though. The entire point of posting this here is so the general population knows about it, not everyone checks the game specific forums. This event needs the community to work together, it's very helpful if more people know about it. Thanks.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level  

I want those N7 guns I have a few of them already but none of those on that list.

• Level   9

I already did it. Reapers are the most frustrating enemy in MP. Especially on silver or higher when they spam brutes and banshees at you. Definitely need a strong team if you are going to attempt it.

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   9

You didn't already do it, if people don't kill a million brutes you won't get anything. Get killing.

• Level   9

UnyoBro

You didn't already do it, if people don't kill a million brutes you won't get anything. Get killing.

Um, no. I'll be getting the commendation pack regardless if no brutes are killed because we extracted from reaper controlled territory on silver difficulty. Besides, even if there was no special challenge going on, I'm likely going to be killing brutes all weekend.

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   9

I could be wrong but the way I understand it the community has to reach the 1million mark or no packs are awarded.

• Level   9

I posted in this thread, but it got deleted. I wonder if someone who works for Bioware is a Mod here?

Anyway the whole thing is a ploy to distract people from the horrible ending that is the worst in video game history. because if everyone is suckered into trying to kill 1,000,000 brutes they won't be on the BSN forums posting another 30-40k posts about how Bioware falsely advertised the game and lied.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   8

UnyoBro

I could be wrong but the way I understand it the community has to reach the 1million mark or no packs are awarded.

The two goals are separate. Those who complete a Silver game with the Reapers will gain the Commendation pack, provided at least one player was extracted. Should the community reach 1-million kills then you'll also get the other pack on Tuesday.

• Level   9

Tatakai no Kami

I posted in this thread, but it got deleted. I wonder if someone who works for Bioware is a Mod here?

Anyway the whole thing is a ploy to distract people from the horrible ending that is the worst in video game history. because if everyone is suckered into trying to kill 1,000,000 brutes they won't be on the BSN forums posting another 30-40k posts about how Bioware falsely advertised the game and lied.

I don't think so. Just trying to get people on board with the MP so people will actually want to buy map packs in the future.

-

Though the ending is awful. Like, incredibly bad. I haven't seen so many people equally hate something like this so much all at once. Yet Bioware will try and spin it in their favour one way or another.

Steam: Static-Jak

PSN: Static-Jakz

• Level   9

^

I have heard the ending is poor and I have heard what it is, but I sense there's a lot of misguided rage. I would like to know how the game goes EXACTLY (which I can only do by playing it).

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   9

ChainSmokingBob

^

I have heard the ending is poor and I have heard what it is, but I sense there's a lot of misguided rage. I would like to know how the game goes EXACTLY (which I can only do by playing it).

I can't say much without spoiling it. All I'll say is the game is great right up to the ending which drops everything that makes Mass Effect great and does exactly what Bioware said they would never do. It's bad on a whole new scale of bad.

-

At which point ruins the whole thing for me.

It's like finding a layer of dog crap at the bottom of a triple-layer chocolate cake. Sure, the cake was nice before you knew about that crap, but once you know, it ruins the whole thing.

-

I played ME1 and 2 at least 3 times each. I have no interest in playing 3 again. It just left a pretty bad aftertaste.

Steam: Static-Jak

PSN: Static-Jakz

• Level   9

It's worse than "Sorry the Princess in in another castle." Because honestly I would have preferred that for the ending.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   9

Tatakai no Kami

It probably got deleted because it's offtopic. It's also pure speculation. Go make your own topic if you wanna discuss conspiracy theories.

• Level   8

I still haent touched the campaign because of the face import problems. Bioware needs to step up their game or i wont be buying any more of their products.

• Level   8

Well you can still play the multiplayer. Might as well so you don't miss out.