Hijacking the Atlas 'How-to' video.

• Level   5

I didnt see this posted so i thought id help by posting this since i didnt know how to do it either..

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/28/mass-effect-3-hijacking-an-atlas-mech-hijacker-achievement

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Sabers Defiance US server

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine

• Level   9

They really need a how to video for shooting the glass on an Atlas?

• Level   5

Well..I guess so lol,honestly I didn't know where to do this or how it was done..I think I have a save in the area in the video.Its just a helpful tip if nothing else.

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine

• Level   5

I can't seem to "shatter the canopy" before the damn thing blows up.

Having a wonderful time. Wish I was here.
    • Level   5

I'm playing on insane so maybe that will help,I'm not using a sniper so I might be S.O.L. on this for now.

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine

• Level   7

Cool video. I was wondering on how to hijack one of those things. That'll be the next achievement I get in this game.

Where is the quote button?

• Level   9

It took me awhile to get this achievement not because I didn't know what to do, but because I'd kill the driver through the glass and the thing would blow up before I got to it.  Can't remember what mission it was I finally got it on.

• Level   5

I hear ya I had no idea how to get this done.

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine

• Level   5

I hadn't paid much attention to that achievement, but after seeing this thread earlier I got it during the Jacob mission.  

• Level   5

It's impossible in some missions. Atlas' tend to explode the moment you take out the pilot if you do. Very few places will allow you to do it. It's worth saying you technically don't need to use a sniper rifle. Heavy pistols work perfectly too, but you need to be extremely careful not to over do it and aim right.

|

Using Carnifax or Paladin with a pistol scope gives you enough power and firing speed shatter the glass. Taking out the pilot takes a lot more finesse and taking more rockets to the face than you would like.

Engineers in Mass Effect are like wizards out on the battlefield. 

• Level   5

thanks for the tip,I'll remember that.

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine

• Level   3

i haven't gotten this achievement yet but had a chance earlier in my playthrough, i kept shooting the glass with the sniper rifle, eventually it shattered, i then turned away for a bit to take care of another enemy and i noticed that the shield regenerates on the atlas mech. right after i was able to shoot the enemy inside without the mech. blowing up, unfortunately someone else jumped in and i was unable to shoot the enemy out of it. i think a good strategy is to shatter the glass, let the shields regenerate, then take out the enemy and jump in asap.

"Running away won't help, i'll just shoot you in your ***!" -Dom

• Level   5

I've missed this part...so one more go for me lol

Δ Xbox Ambassador Δ

R.I.P. Razor 54

Krimzen Impalers (GTA V)

Chef de Cuisine