Balance Changes 10/16 - Krogan Shaman + Hazard map switch

• Level   8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 16, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krogan Shaman Adept kit now available as a new Rare card

The hazard maps available this week are Firebase Giant and Firebase Ghost

Medals
    - Bronze Melee medal now requires 10 kills instead of 5
    - Silver Melee medal now requires 25 kills instead of 10
    - Gold Melee medal now requires 50 kills instead of 15

Challenges
    - Added a Krogan Shaman challenge to Bloodpack Mastery
    - Fixed an issue where extracting with the new Retaliation kits was not registering certain challenges
    - Challenges that required extraction weren't properly crediting the case where exactly 3 out of 4 players extracted
    - The changes below were put in place to fix a bug where some players could no longer progress after unlocking a Gold challenge
    - Combat Mastery goal changed from 9 to 12 
    - Cerberus Mastery goal changed from 17 to 21
    - Reaper Mastery goal changed from 15 to 18
    - Geth Mastery goal changed from 12 to 18
    - Collector Mastery goal changed from 12 to 15

Acolyte Pistol
    - Removing charge mechanic - now fires instantly
    - Rate of fire is now 40, with a minimum fire time of 1 second
    - The overall DPS should be similar, but this fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Krysae Sniper Rifle
    - Can no longer hold the fire button to zoom in the scope - now fires instantly
    - This fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [867-1083.8] to [997-1246.3]

Krysae Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [429-548] to [493.4-616.8]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [774.5-968.1] to [890.7-1113.4]
    - Percentage of total damage that is done as bleed damage increased from 33% to 40%
    - Bleed damage duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds (the same damage is spread over a shorter duration)

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [591.2-739] to [739.0-923.8]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [1030.5-1288.1] to [1236.6-1545.8]

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143/2#14535213

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bon3zz1001

Battle.net Battletag Bon3zz1001#1236

• Level   9

Wow Very, very nice. Have to say, good job Bioware!

March 11th - The unofficial, official launch of the Xbox One.
    • Level   4

I don't get what the hazard is in firebase Giant?  I can see that it's dark, but other than that I don't see it...

• Level   4

Is the Krogan Shaman a female?

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger

Fulgore confirmed to be grass Pokémon.

• Level   8

Donmecca23

I don't get what the hazard is in firebase Giant?  I can see that it's dark, but other than that I don't see it...

AFAIK nothing. It's just a visual change. 

Burst Axe

Is the Krogan Shaman a female?

No. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bon3zz1001

Battle.net Battletag Bon3zz1001#1236

• Level   8

Crap!

• Level   8

Not too impressed with the new krogan. Variety is always nice but it just seems underwhelming at first glance. Am I wrong?

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level   9

Sounds good.  Started using the Acolyte.  It's pretty good on my Asari Adept.

• Level   9

Donmecca23

The Hazard adds a version of Firebase Giant set at night, and the Mass Effect wiki calls this hazard 'Firebase Giant: Lightning Storm'. The krogan cannons fire more frequently and create bright flashes when doing so. In any event, the atmosphere is more darker and is a good change from the 'dayside' version imo.

Praetorian VIII

Sounds good.  Started using the Acolyte.  It's pretty good on my Asari Adept.

I've been using the Acolyte all day, wanting to get both of the challenges for it's use (one for 140,000 and another for 200,000) done before BioWare comes to the realization that they've made it far more worthwhile to use and nerf it again next week... course, don't know if they will... but this IS BioWare we're talking about here so....

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   5

I do applaud Bioware and the men and women working there for everything they are doing to come to resolution with the fans. The last DLC was an complete fan service to me as it brought back the glory days of ME2 with the collectors, now this is something that I must admit is awesome. I may complete ME3 for the first time, since the ending. But I will wait for the opportune time to do so, good to see multiplayer is coming out to be very useful. 

Rise above the crowd and take thy flight towards triumph.

• Level   5

Giant hazard is awesome.   Krogan Shaman is pretty good w/ warp and piranha. Similar to Turian Sentinel, but obviously slower and sturdier.

You can't make the same mistake twice.  The second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake.  It's a choice.

• Level   5

Ghost Acid Rain hazard is so cool. I love water effects in games. That seriously needs to be permanent.

• Level   5

DocHolliday 7

Wow Very, very nice. Have to say, good job Bioware!

I agree. This is a great update. Especially for the Acolyte Pistol
    - Removing charge mechanic - now fires instantly
    - Rate of fire is now 40, with a minimum fire time of 1 second
    - The overall DPS should be similar, but this fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit.

I did not like that gun at all because it had to be charged but might try it now. 

• Level   9

I don't really like iether Hazard map.  Just never liked dark maps.  I can't stand Condor, London, or Reactor either...  Or Rio for that matter.

• Level   9

I disagree about the hazard maps but I agree about London, it's like a poorly made gears map.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.