Insanity and Unwavering achievement question.

• Level   8

So now that the ending dlc is out, I'm going to start my Insanity playthrough.  My question is if I import my ME3 game (normal) then change the difficulty immediately at the start to insane, will I get both achievements?

We're Alive.  It's like The Walking Dead, but in podcast form.  Also free.

• Level   6

Yep, i did the same thing. If you read the description of the insanity achievement it says that long as you change the difficulty before you leave earth you will be fine. As long as you do ALL the missions on insane you'll be fine.

Someone tell me what part of my old gt: The Buccaneers violates the code of conduct and why i was forced to change it?

• Level   8

Thanks a lot for the quick response.  I was nervous about getting into a 30-40 hour game for two achievements and possibly not getting them.  Just after I posted that, I remembered you can change the difficulty in the main menu.  Changed it to insane then when I loaded my normal game, it started on insane.  Also I would appreciate any insane tips or links to some good tips.  I'm playing as an Infiltrator.  What characters/powers/weapons would you recommend?

• Level   6

Well if you're an infiltrator, you really can't help set up a biotic explosion but i still recommend liara and upgrade it to a stasis bubble and you can snipe everyone. If you go to the normandy i'd recommend buying the power Carnage if you talked to James enough in you're first play-trough you'll be able to get it. Then set it to do armor damage as it helps with brutes, banshees and the atlas. If not then bring James because carnage really helps. But if you don't need James i'd say garrus he's a good mix between combat and his overlaod ability takes care of everything else. Trust me you can beat the game without biotic explosions.

Someone tell me what part of my old gt: The Buccaneers violates the code of conduct and why i was forced to change it?

• Level   5

Use Energy Drain as your bonus power. It will kill the enemy shields, making your sniper rifle far more effective. Also, be very liberal in your use of Tactical Cloak, both for offensive and defensive situations. I tended to bring EDI with me, since she had Overload and Incinerate, which made her as useful as Miranda was in ME2.

I want to take the person I am now and find the courage to throw that all away. Strip down to nothing.

• Level   7

Just don't clear your cache.   For some reason the achievement progress is stored there so if you do all you Unwavering progress will be lost.

• Level   5

I've heard many people say Infiltrator w/ ED is a relative breeze on insane. I did it as Adept, which really only had a few crazy moments. Like payton said don't clear cache for any reason until you get the achievment. I got screwed by that and had to repeat many missions.

You can't make the same mistake twice.  The second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake.  It's a choice.

• Level   8

Platform 117

Well if you're an infiltrator, you really can't help set up a biotic explosion but i still recommend liara and upgrade it to a stasis bubble and you can snipe everyone. If you go to the normandy i'd recommend buying the power Carnage if you talked to James enough in you're first play-trough you'll be able to get it. Then set it to do armor damage as it helps with brutes, banshees and the atlas. If not then bring James because carnage really helps. But if you don't need James i'd say garrus he's a good mix between combat and his overlaod ability takes care of everything else. Trust me you can beat the game without biotic explosions.

Yeah I read Liara is one of the best to roll with you.  Loved that stasis every since I used it in co-op.  Pretty satisfying when a couple of them walk into it and you casually shoot them both in their heads or do a biotic explosion.  Carnage does rock but I didn't choose it because I have Incinerate with extra armor damage as one of my main powers.  I like how James gives the squad a 20% health and shield boost but he's a Mcbrodude which annoys me slightly.  Usually bring Garrus as he's a pimp. 

Just remembered that I helped you a week or two ago with that thing in the place and stuff.  So are you going to get the second thing in the place and stuff?

Kimieva

Use Energy Drain as your bonus power. It will kill the enemy shields, making your sniper rifle far more effective. Also, be very liberal in your use of Tactical Cloak, both for offensive and defensive situations. I tended to bring EDI with me, since she had Overload and Incinerate, which made her as useful as Miranda was in ME2.

Good call.  That's the power I chose as a bonus with my new playthrough.  I have Incinerate mapped to LB and Energy Drain mapped to RB.  Figured one for health and armor, and the other for barriers and shields.  Yup pretty liberal with my cloak.  I have it set for powers so I can use two before I uncloak.  Like to get all up in their personal space, cast a couple powers, then end by shooting them point blank or melee. 

Payton Jones

Just don't clear your cache.   For some reason the achievement progress is stored there so if you do all you Unwavering progress will be lost.

C45T4N3D4

I've heard many people say Infiltrator w/ ED is a relative breeze on insane. I did it as Adept, which really only had a few crazy moments. Like payton said don't clear cache for any reason until you get the achievment. I got screwed by that and had to repeat many missions.

Good advice with not clearing my cache.  I do that every few weeks so thank you both for the heads-up.  That would be pretty frustrating to deal with. 

Looking forward to doing it on insane.  ME2's insane gave me a few problems but I beat it as a Soldier.  ME3 seems waaaay easier so hopefully things will go as smooth as I think they will. 

Off topic:  So a buddy of mine asked if the new ending dlc only added things to the ending.  I told him I assumed so but does it add any content to other parts of the game?  You still have to get your military strength to or above 5000 right?

• Level   6

@Thookins, i'd quote you but it would be way to long. But yea i did some more reading understand the story and just picked up Dead Space 2  now i just gotta man up and play it. But back to the squad yea even on my insane play trough i took Liara and Garrus . Garrus is just a boss plain and simple and Liara's my girl been their since the beginning. I was just trying to look at it from a tactical perspective.

• Level   7

Thookins

Off topic:  So a buddy of mine asked if the new ending dlc only added things to the ending.  I told him I assumed so but does it add any content to other parts of the game?  You still have to get your military strength to or above 5000 right?

The EC basically adds scenes during the final mission and the ending that fills in a few plot holes and does of better job of letting you know what is involved in your choice options, and what happens to everyone when you choose one.  It's page on the Mass Effect Wiki explains some the changes HERE if you're intrested.

The EC lowered the EMS from 4000 (if you 'save' Anderson from the Illusive Man) to 3100.   I haven't heard what it is if you don't save Anderson(was 5000 before). 

• Level   5

I just finished some EC endings. Doesn't really "change" the "ending", but I'd say the dlc pretty must have.

You can't make the same mistake twice.  The second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake.  It's a choice.

• Level   4

I did my first playthrough on insanity and unlocked every acheivements. Insanity really wasn't that hard at all.

It's not called camping. It's called holding down the position.

Only an idiot would run & gun on the real battlefield.

• Level   7

Yes, by far the easiest of the three games.

• Level   8

I screwed up the Insanity achievement, played through just before you get to the blue beam, an achievement popped never looked at the description, said to myself yes thats the insanity achievement.  So I loaded up an earlier save and decided to go for the Bruiser and Veteran achievement, turned down difficulty to casual to get them easier.  Later on I realise that it was the Unwavering achievement that popped instead.  LOL I could kick myself.