Best Shotgun for Vanguards

• Level   8

So, what shotgun do some of you believe is a great shotgun to use with a particular vanguard???

When I use my krogan vanguard, I go for the lightest shotgun that I can do a great deal of damage, but rate of fire and thermal clip size plays a important factor too.

If I'm going to be using biotic charge to get into an enemies face, I would want to have a high cooldown rate to recharge my shields quickly with another biotic charge but still want to have a great damaging shotgun for that "in your face" blast range after the biotic charge.

I believe others may have found the perfect shotgun to compliment a particular's vanguard's skills.

So I would like to hear about them.

Personally, my favorite vanguard is the Krogan Battlemaster, but I REALLY want that damn Batarian Vanguard though. He's the ONLY vanguard that I wanted and is the ONLY vanguard that I don't have.

I don't have many shotguns, probably, like seven or eight of them, and the ones I see other people using are ones Ive never seen before. Most of the shotguns I do have are low level, so I would like to know what shotguns I should keep an eye out for when I do acquire them. 

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   7

Hello again "Dre G Writer"  :)

---

Wraith  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 90% of the damage indicator bar and it is only about 25% heavier than the Eviscerator.  It only fires 2 shots, but it re-loads in the blink of an eye and has tons of ammo.  This works well at longer ranges  :)

---

Eviscerator  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 75% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 25% lighter than the Wraith.  It only fires 3 shots, but it re-loads in the blink of an eye and has slightly less ammo than the Wraith.  This also works well at longer ranges  :)

---

Disciple  =  It has a base damage the fills up about 60% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 50% lighter than the Eviscerator.  It only fires 4 shots and its re-load time is moderately long, but it does have an amazing ability to knock back / stagger on impact; it has slightly more ammo than the Wraith.  It has less range than the Wrait and Eviscerator, but more than the Scimitar  :)

---

Scimitar  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 50% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 15% heavier than the Disciple.  It can rapidly fire 8 shots and it has a slightly longer re-load time than the Disciple.  It has about the same amount of ammo as the Disciple, but has the shortest range out of the 3 that are listed above  :)

---

• Level   9

The only Vanguard I use 90% of the time is my Krogan Battlemaster. I give him the Reegar Carbine X with Shotgun Spare Thermal Clip V and Shotgun Blade Attachment V. His cooldown is about 150% though... but depending on how you spend your skill points, the delay is negligble

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.

• Level   9

I use the Wraith X on my N7 Slayer with a back up Phalanx X for setting up long range tech explosion when I can't get in there and start slashing. That's my only Vanguard that uses a shotgun regularly.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger

Fulgore confirmed to be grass Pokémon.

• Level   5

I would use the Wraith if I could actually upgrade it. :( As it is, it is the Eviscerator for me.

I want to take the person I am now and find the courage to throw that all away. Strip down to nothing.

• Level   5

Aside from the Eagle and Hurricane, the Wraith is my only maxed out ultra rare. I think.

• Level   5

This is an easy one. Ultra Rare, Wraith and for Rares, Reegar Carbine.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (5/20/14)

Dying Light (TBA)

Evolve (TBA)

Quantum Break (Most Anticipated)

• Level   7

Cheer up "Kimieva"  :)  Even at level 1, this thing is an absolute beast, just use the Extended Barrel mod for additional damage and the Spare Ammo mod in conjuction with a Shotgun Rail Amp.  Furthermore, the Eviscerator is a good weapon choice so its not like your Vanguard is being hampered in any way, shape, or form  :)

• Level   8

I dont even have the wraith. Never even used it in single player. But I do have a level 2 reegar carbine though, I use that with a thermal clip and blade attachment mod for my warlord krogan. But I use the level 1 piranha for my krogan battle master.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   7

The Piranha is an excellent choice for the Krogan Battlemaster  :)  I'm assuming that it is using the thermal clip mod and the blade attachment right?  It (the Piranha) can decimate anything in its path, but I prefer to hold down the aim button when I use my Shotgun, thus I don't really use it.  Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone!  :)

• Level   9

Reager.

• Level   4

I believe you are on the wrong track here. There really is no 'best shotgun for vabguards'. There is however a 'build' that is suitable for you. It depends which perks you want to take. How often will you charge around? It depends if you will use the charge for getting the bulk of your points or if you are team  playing and stick together using charge for emergency shields. Like ... if you want to take the reduce shotgun weight perk you can use the heavier weapons.

---

Personally ... I take whichever gun gives a recharge below 5 seconds cuz Im a solo charge around the map fool! The ammo choice is critical in my case, not the gun, since I like to add incendary rounds and set enemies on fire THEN charge them for 1. biotic explosion and 2. set any nearby enemies on fire with the explosion.

Language is a virus
    • Level   8

you...................can set up BIOTIC EXPLOSIONS WITH FIRE AMMO!?

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   8

No. You can set up tech explosions (fire, ice and electricity) which are just as effective as biotic explosions.

• Level   2

I use the wraith on the slayer or volus vanguard