MyCAREER file unreadable

• Level   3

I have a problem. After 11 games my MyCAREER dissapeared. It's unreadable or damaged. I put a whole lot of effort in it. Had 23.000 V.C. used on it and the only thing that I have is an arm sleeve. The last thing I did was purchasing a pre-game ritual. The next thing I did was enabling it and when it had to save it deconnected me from XLive. It couldn't connect to 2K servers. I retried and had the same result. Now, the third I tried it said : 'Unable to load file from Hard Drive. It's damaged or unreadable. Press A to continue'. Maybe it's a problem with my xbox and the conection to the 2K servers but the least I expect is to have my 23.000 V.C. back.

Does anyone else have the same problem or is this just me?

• Level   8

I haven't experienced this myself and most certainly wouldn't want to (I'm 50 games into the season).  This is the reason I hate this whole 'everything is connected to the server' thing and saving the game multiple times every 5 seconds for no reason.  The more auto saves that go on, the more risks of corrupted/damaged files happening.  Especially to an unstable server that is 2K ... atleast it is somewhat better than EA's

Bundy is as Bundy does

• Level   1

I have the same problem. I buy yestrday a 2 packs of 10.000 VC and upgrade my career player. I spent 480 Microsoft points, and now i have just broken file. Before I write message to xbox support, try here, maybe I can get back my save file.

• Level   1

i have the same problem. I could play myCAREER, but i cannot save things. If you guys find anything out on how to fix it, please let me know. thanks

• Level   1

The same thing just happened to me I was into my second season. Now the file is unreadable. I've spent over 1600 Microsoft points on purchasing Vc .

• Level   1

Just happened to me today -___- 71 games into the season. so pissed. any way to fix it???

• Level   1

This just happened to me today.  I spent 40000 VCs on my Player (including 560 Microsoft points I purchased) and now 18 games in I get the error message: "Unable to load "myplayer" on memory unit.  The saved content is damaged or unreadable.  Press A to continue".  This happened last month when I lost 37000 VCs, and I thought it was just me, so I re-created and now reinvested time and money on a new player and, same thing.  Is there any way I can retrieve this file?  Or get back my invested VCs and Microsoft points? Please help!  This is frustrating and unfair.

• Level   1

it happened to me twice now :(

• Level   8

This happened to me with my small forward that I invested all my time and effort into. Now I am stuck with my crappy point guard. It sucks. Has anyone tried contacting 2K about this?

As you see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours.

• Level   8

I doubt they would get on to it and even if they did, I'm sure they would take their sweet time with it.

Bundy is as Bundy does

• Level   3

I don't know if they're are going to fix it or not, the only thing you can do is to restart your MyCareer. Now I'm a 93 overall and I've played 53 games already. I don't have any problems right now, but it is really frustrating if it happens again. I might then stop playing it.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but play this game ALWAYS when you're connected to xboxlive. I don't know if this changes anything but I guess this would be better.

• Level   1

It just happened to me too. I was in my 4th season and my guy had like 3 championships ;(

• Level   1

guys it happened to me i dont know what to do :(

• Level   1

This happened to me to here's how to fix it find corrupt file in Xbox System Setting  and delete it (pray its not  your my career file)  and delete it also DON'T SAVE DURING GAME IN MY CAREER MODE YOU RISK CORRUPT MY CAREER FILE

• Level   1

Needed 12 more A+ games to get the hall of fame achievement , and this happened to me. I need answers or at least a refund of all my vc I worked for.