microphone use

• Level   2

Other sites mention as well as the achievements list mention the use of a mic. (For a second person or yourself i guess to sing along while the other person rocks out on their guitar)

Anyone know how to use this? I tried using the wireless mic headsets on the xbox controller. Tried on 1st player and 2nd player controllers with loaded profiles for each player. Then tried singing during play with both controllers. No singing heard through the game. I also tried the multiplayer screen option but that wont let you get anywhere without another guitar/cable plugged in.

I also looked under options /stup and couldnt find anything. 

My only other thought was it has to be a USB microphone instead of headset? I tried writing ubisoft but they responded with "using a mic will stop a player from collecting points and errors" which really didnt answer this question :)

• Level   2

I haven't tried yet but am wondering how/if my Rockband mic will work...

Play Hard . . . Have Fun . . . Give Respect KilaRoach aka: CoachRoach (in the real world)
    • Level   5

rockband mic will work, had the wife sing a tune today.

• Level   2

Do you just plug mics in? and it works...

or do you have to be in multiplayer etc?

• Level   5

Just plug it in and it works, no MP required. Pretty cool too, the wife enjoyed it anyway.

• Level   2

Cool thanks :)

• Level   2

Does microsoft wireless mim work?

• Level   2

From what I understand, only a wired mic will work.

Expert Everything

• Level   1

I don't have experience but my guess is that it would work similar to Rock Band. Headsets won't work, but wired ones will.

No two fps guns are the same. Every gun is cheap in its own special way. ~On my sixth 360~

• Level   1

Could you hear anything from the headset?

• Level   2

i actually used a mic from rockband ps3 with usb plug worked fine

• Level   1

I have tried using my Shure Bata58a Microphone with Rocksmith and had problems.  I used an XLR to ¼” unbalanced cable and plugged into the Rocksmith Guitar cable to the XBOX.  The Microphone did pickup voice however, I could not get around the Guitar Tuner section at the beginning of the song.  Did not have much luck getting around this problem using multiplayer mode.   It seems that while it is possible to do vocals with Rocksmith it is not documented worth a damn and a lot of confusing information out there.  Anyone know what the real deal is with this.

Thanks

• Level   1

Try to say a tone with E,A,D,G to pass the tune phase. It should work.