Is the Skylanders wii portal compatible with xbox 360?

• Level   1

I have Skylanders Spyro's adventure for wii and want to buy Sklylanders Giants for xbox 360.  Will my wii portal work with my xbox 360?  Not sure if I need to buy the giants starter pack for xbox or if I am okay with the giants portal owners pack for xbox.

• Level   8

I would not believe so, why else would there be different starter packs for each console?

Xbox One Day One

Created a clan for Destiny on the Xbox One called the Madd Hatters at Bungie.net, please join if you like. Will help for the clan achievements if nothing else.

• Level   1

No, it is not compatible. It is just made for the XBOX 360.

The Wii console is compatible with the PC and the Nintendo.

• Level   2

Unfortunately the Xbox 360 starter pack portal is the only one that will work. The PS3 and Wii versions are the same portal though, so those can be swapped.

• Level   1

The wireless portal for the Wii does not work with the XBox 360, I just found out too late that my money was wasted buying  the portal owners pack thinking it would be compatible :.(

• Level   8

why would they have certain starter packs for each game system if they were interchangable? come on

Xbox One Day One

Created a clan for Destiny on the Xbox One called the Madd Hatters at Bungie.net, please join if you like. Will help for the clan achievements if nothing else.

• Level   1

Actually some portals ARE interchangeable I am currently using a 3DS portal on my PS3, but I will be buying  the starter pack for Giants as I do not own a 360 portal and would hate risk buying the portal owners pack and neither of my current portals work with my 360.

• Level   8

I guess I stand corrected as it seems most portals use USB to connect to the consoles.

Xbox One Day One

• Level   3

The Xbox 360 version uses a USB cable while the others (PS3, Wii, etc) do not. The 360 version can only work on the 360.

Xbox Originals don't have Achievements, why?

• Level   1

I am sort of wondering about this too. Is the Xbox360 Skylander portal wired and uses a USB connection? Or is it maybe wireless? If USB wired, the Wii portal we have for Skylanders GIANT is USB wired too and was thinking they are interchangeable.

I know the characters are interchangeable amongst them all so I am also hoping the only difference between all of these packs was really just the actual game software.  All the hardware (portals & figures) is interchageable.

• Level   2

The difference is in the Xbox 360 portal's internals. The PS3 and Wii/Wii U are the exact same portal. The 3DS, while smaller and wireless, does come with a separate USB cord which can be used with the PS3 and Wii's too. Just something about the 360 required Activision to construct our model differently. All portals are compatible with the PC and can be used with Skylander Universe.

Be prepared, the upcoming Skylanders Swap Force comes with an all new portal.