List Of Pros/Cons For Skyrim

• Level   8

Nick Of Troy

I'm hoping that Hand-toHand will be legit to use, because I've loved using a H2H Monk or Acrobat character.  Hell, I had one in Oblivion that never picked up a weapon in her life other than to sell.  Would be a mighty shame to see that playstyle reduced to what it sounds like it is in Skyrim.

This has been a huge debate on the Bethesda forums as well but from the sounds of it, hand to hand combat is supposed to be fairly efficient with the help of perks.  Also, be ready to use your fists in tavern brawls!

• Level   5

So there are H2H-related perks beyond racial? That's cool.  I had heard about the bar fights and they sounded interesting, but was far more interested in legitimate H2H combat in the game.  May just end up having to alter my Monk Rp to that of a rabid Khait =p 

Miss Pwny

I don't think it was really popular enough. Sure there will always be a demand for anyhting you can think of...

Look, we could debate this 'till the Dragons come home about this, but the thread asked for personal pro/con list so that's what I made

• Level   5

Heavy Armor has a perk that uses the defense rating of your equipped gauntlets as additional hand-to-hand damage.

Sometimes it seems the going is just too rough, and things go wrong no matter what I do. Now and then it seems that life is just too much, but you've got the love I need to see me through.

• Level   5

Not sure how I feel about no weapon and armor degradation. I liked the idea of repairing my own equipment after each battle. We'll see how it plays out. I think I'll miss custom spell making too. Anyone know if there will be an arena of any kind returning to the Skyrim world? Hmmm...maybe they could offer "levitation" or some other goodies from Morrowind as DLC to make up for removing some features.

• Level   8

it would be great to see an arena, maybe with more fights than oblivion had. i was the grand champion within like an hour, between sleeping and doing the gray prince's side quest, and i'm pretty sure i was only level 4 or something.

• Level   7

I always started out Oblivion in the Arena. That way I could get used to fighting certain enemies, and I could start off with some coin and a few skills.

• Level   8

for me the arena has just been for the money to get the house in anvil, and i used the house to get ectoplasm for the fighters guild.

• Level   6

I disagree with some of the cons you listed. Potentially less side quest/content than oblivion? they have said its going to be as big as oblivion if not bigger and have twice the ammount of content that oblivion had.

-

And yes the biggest con is having to wait until 11-11-11 :(

• Level   3

I thought Todd Howard mentioned they put more quests, and content in the game to make the game feel larger?

~ Happily Married 12/19/12 ~

• Level   6

That is correct recon.

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    • Level   4

I'd rather have armor/weapon's degration rate severely lessened than gone completely. If the rate of degration was very slow and long term (rather than every battle or two) so that it doesn't rapidly effect its stats, then I would be happy with that. Also, armor you find in ruins and such wouldn't be at 100% durability.

• Level   8

i honestly enjoyed the need to to fix armor and weapons every few battles, though i checked and pounded my *** every chance i got, if only to try and speed up my leveling. i hope that's one feature that doesn't transfer to fallout 4, or even any other bethesda game.

• Level   3

I think the Pro's greatly out weigh the "Con's".

~ Happily Married 12/19/12 ~

• Level   5

Not to mention most of the cons are "cons" and not cons. Half of them aren't even true

• Level   6

Still, the biggest con to date would be that it has not been released yet.....

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.