Wasn't expecting this for Skyrim.

• Level   8

I can't it playing on my TV.

For some reason Skyrim cuts off the entire Compass/enemy health, and my own Health,Stamina, and Magic.

Wish all games would put that screen adjustment option in the settings.

Now Skyrim is just sitting on the floor already collecting dust......

The Constitution does not just protect those whose views we share; it also protects those with whose views we disagree.
    --Edward Kennedy

• Level   5

Oh no.

• Level   3

Most TVs have a setting where you can adjust the size of the image. Check your remote. You may be on a stretch mode or a weird format.

• Level   3

Sounds like you need to adjust your resolution on your TV

Xbox One Day One

So excited MS bought the Gears of War franchise and gave it back to Rod.

• Level   8

Went and looked after your guys suggested that.

No such options or settings on my tv. I use regular 32 Samsung tv so its not HD and I guess that is the problem.

kinda hate that no other game I have played has had this problem....only the game I have been waiting for all year.

The Constitution does not just protect those whose views we share; it also protects those with whose views we disagree.
    --Edward Kennedy

• Level   2

Do you have it plugged into HDMI, Component, or Composite?

I'm Xbox222 (From the original Morrowind Forums)

• Level   3

My TV does the same thing, it's quite annoying really. Fortunately, it's not the only TV in the house, so I just have to steal my sister's whenever I want to play Skyrim. There may be no way around it...

• Level   8

Honestly If I knew what those where I would tell you.

Its just a SD tv so whatever those red, white, yellow, cable are.

Went to the Bethesda Forums and the problem is that the game is made for only HD tv's. So the game will never work on my TV.

Really I know SD tvs are outdated..... and  HD tv are down in price, but honestly they really couldn't just put a screen adjuster in the options.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   8

Best Buy has a 42" HD 1080P LCD TV for $199 on Black Friday, lol.

Xbox One Day One

So excited MS bought the Gears of War franchise and gave it back to Rod.

• Level   5

Look for a button on your remote control that looks like a square with arrows points into or out of it. If not go into your picture display and see if you can change your tv resolution this way. I bought myself a 32" HDTV for £198 a few days back, never been happier to be honest, well worth the upgrade, i had one of those flintstone TVs too :P

• Level   8

Yeah they really are coming down in price.

But seeing as I traded in 3 games into gamestop to get MW3 and Skyrim [paid $20 outta pocket]. And other obligations spending "a lot" of money on myself is not really possible right now.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   2

Yeah, you're gonna need a 1080p TV. If you get LCD, make sure it was 240Hz! plasma has 600hz by default though... and you'll need an HDMI cable. but if u have an old white xbox, you'll need component.

I'm Xbox222 (From the original Morrowind Forums)

• Level   8

Yea looks like a tv is my next purchase.

Although if I set the Xbox to wide screen ( even though my tv isn't) I can see part o the compass and my health now too. It just it looks a little different now but I am happy to play it. By different I mean like everything looks mashed closer together a little bit.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   8

YES!.

I am one happy gamer.

Bored and wanting to play Skyrim went to my brothers house as he had another SD tv that was not too old [ 2006 me thinks]. BUT anyways... for some reason Skyrim is not cut off at the tops/bottoms. I can see my compass and health and everything.

Really don't know why.... and frankly as long as I can play Skyrim... don't care how it works.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   8

I have similar problems, its because I have an old SD TV... I need a new one bad.... the text is sooo small.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.