light armor or heavy armor?

• Level   6

Enchanted light armor.....

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    • Level   5

Yah I got a set of the wolf Armor it looks pretty sweet and I have the horned steele helmet I look bad ***! I am only lvl 10 and I really hope later the Armor looks even better this game is so Awesome!

I'm a Dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
    • Level   5

Anyone know if Glass Armor has returned? If so, I can't wait to see what it looks like.

• Level   5

Lax

Anyone know if Glass Armor has returned? If so, I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Yeah apparently it's in Skyrim.

• Level   9

Like everyone has said, use what fits your playstyle.  I'm a kind of thief/mage hybrid, so I mostly have light armor.  I also realized that even mages robes count as light armor, so every time I get hit, that category goes up.  The robes are the best bet for me, since they allow for great mobility as an archer, but also give me buffs for magic abilities.  Essentially, I use archery for ranged, and destruction for CQC.  Don't forget that, as a mage, you get armor spells pretty early, so something like Oakflesh can add 40 points to your robes for 60 seconds.  If it looks like a tough mob, fire that spell, chuck a potion, then switch back to dual destruction spells and unleash hell.

If you have trouble making line-breaks on forum posts, do the following:  Make sure you go to the "rich formatting" screen (do not use the small, quick-reply window below each forum post).  Now, hold down the shift key while pressing Enter at the end of a paragraph.  Do this twice and you will have a double space between paragraphs.  You're welcome.

• Level   8

Lax

Yes, it's in Skyrim.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   2

Im doing both at the sametime.........Level up faster......

• Level   5

light armour is pointless, you get a perk in the heavy armour tree that removes being slowed down while wearing heavy armour, im using heavy armour and am currently at 244 armour rating, nowhere near the best armour yet, using some steel plated armour from a follow that died, and a dwarven helm, id say spec into smithing as well if using heavy armour.

• Level   7

You can remove being slowed via a perk, but you can't remove the noise you make or the stamina drain. Light armor is hardly worthless, in fact with all the perks in the light armor tree it's actually very effective. Will it ever as much protection as heavy? Of course not because that would negate the point of heavy armor, but you can get it up there pretty high. I'm playing more or a Rogue type character that also uses some magic, Light Armor has served me well so far. I wear Fine/Enchanted leather, and I'm not having any problems killing things.

• Level   5

Judging by your fighting style i would go with the heavy armour. I myself am more of the stealthy assassin type so i chose light armour to quieten my footsteps.

• Level   8

If you dont have a strong urge to use magic, Id go with heavy.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   1

I saw a Sneak perk that quiets your armor noise/clatter.

• Level   8

^^^

I saw that too, pretty gangster.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

All armor is subjective based on how you want to play. If you're into magic like myself, armor doesn't really need to be your first concern. A powerful Mage can cast a Shield spell that protects them from any kind of physical or elemental damage. A powerful Mage can also paralyze the most powerful warrior wearing top shelf Daedric armor and slowly drain the life out of them as they lie there helplessly. The Daedric armor is useless at that point. Again, all subjective based on how you play.