Scoundrels Folly ~ help

• Level   5

I am currently doing a thieves guild quest called "Scoundrels Folly" and it asked me to tail an argonian. To cut a long story short, here he is on the map (below). How do i reach him ? lol

• Level   7

If I am remembering the same mission, he ends up under the docks at the East Shipping Yard (?).  

• Level   5

He isn't moving, just sitting there :(

• Level   6

Maybe he isn't in solitude?

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    • Level   5

When I leave solitude the arrow points back into Solitude again, also my clairvoyance spell isn't working.

• Level   6

You went upstairs? Went near/in blue palace? Try going thru the castle doors? ( I know the symbol doesn't show to be thru a door, maybe he is on the roof or something?)

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    • Level   1

Ok, Ive had the same problem. I looked every where for a fix however, no one had come up with a fix. Go back into solitude - Winking Skeever and leave it. When I did this my quest marker had changed. And I could carry on with the quest.

Hope this helps

• Level   5

"go back into solitude - winking skeever and leave it"

What does this mean ? :)

• Level   1

i also am having the same kind of problem. going in and out of the winking skeever isn't fixing it for me

• Level   1

i have the same thing but mine is after i go into the east empire shipping place it says come back out then it wants me to go back in and under the map i cant find him

• Level   5

Apparently this bug is known and you're going to have to reload a previous save prior to beginning this quest. If you know Elder Scrolls games, then you know to save often and save alot. Saving is basically your one defense against glitches, issues, and quest or game-breaking bugs.

This comes straight from the Skyrim Wiki

"A second bug on the Xbox can occur right when you exit Solitude and enter Skyrim. Gulum-Ei can sometimes not move at all and simply stand at the front gates. To fix this, you need to kill him and then reload the last auto save"

The page goes on to explain a few other bugs and gltiches that can occur, most of which are solved by referring to a previous save.

The Argonian you're tailing eventually ends up in the East Empire Company warehouse. He goes all the way around it to a business ledger, signs it, then back tracks a bit and slips into an almost hidden door into Brinewater Grotto. That is where you'll eventually catch up to him.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I'm going to have to check the dates on threads before researching and posting. To the member above me who raised this thread from the dead, it will be in your best interest to just create a whole new thread. This particular thread was made just days after the game was released. Do you have all the current patches?