Where can I store my items?

• Level   3

companions can hold items, lydia should be a fairly early companion to get in the game

• Level   3

Dannmann188

companions can hold items, lydia should be a fairly early companion to get in the game

They have limits......I overloaded Lydia with two dragons' worth of bones and scales.....

Since 2/07: RRoD - x3 Disc Unreadable - x3 Can't enter any Text on console - x1 Just say NO to China, MS!
    • Level   3

Paddayappa

Dannmann188

They have limits......I overloaded Lydia with two dragons' worth of bones and scales.....

Yup just like in Fallout 3 and NV, your companions can only hold so much.   I will say again, if you dont own a home, store your stuff in a barrel thats outside.

• Level   6

Once you become the arch mage of the winterhold college you have a very large room that you can store items in, it's also filled with potions, gems and lots of "growing" ingredients. I become arch-mage last night.

Ooops! What happened to this page? Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    • Level   3

I believe it also appears during one of the in-game load screens. It might be the exact same message that says in the back of the manual or it could be slightly different. But dead NPC's do disappear. I killed an orc in one of the Inns somewhere and just left him there. Came back 3 game-days later and his body was gone. So storing your stuff on a body probably isnt a good idea.

But I would store non-valuable things that generate often through the game in a barrel until you can get your own house. Seems like the best way to do it until you have a room or something you can store stuff in.

• Level   3

Smokey2Grenade3

Once you become the arch mage of the winterhold college you have a very large room that you can store items in, it's also filled with potions, gems and lots of "growing" ingredients. I become arch-mage last night.

Sounds awesome. I have been working on those college missions but keep getting sidetracked. I think I know the room you are talking about too.   I want to find a house or room that has an enchantment table, workbench, and everything I need for crafting and enchantments. That way I dont have to keep running around everywhere to do it.

• Level   6

Just trying to find a good safe place to store my loot. I would like to keep it all in one place, plus have it separated. Weapons in one cabinet, apparel in one cabinet, books in another and so on. But right now i have everything in the Arch-mages Quarters. Will stuff go missing or can I trust it being there?

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   8

I think one things about barrels and such as storage may be whether or not you empty it first. The chest under the floor of the ruined house by the west watch tower will reset if you take the gold out but I've had the barrels by warmaiden's be okay by not taking out the veggies inside. I preferred Oblivion where you knew the open bags were safe and they were everywhere or Morrowind where everything was okay. I don't think Bethesda really understands the pack rat nature of players.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   9

Guys....not to be a pain in the rear end, but it's right in the UESP Wiki!!  (google search UESP Skyrim houses)

Free Shacks

There are several empty shacks around Skyrim, which contain a bed and a few non respawning containers.

Alchemist's Shack, has two barrels and an endtable for containers. Also has the benefit of an alchemy lab.

Meeko's Shack, has a barrel and an endtable for containers. However, the barrel respawns and so do the shelves, regularly filling the house with junk.

Riverside Shack, has one safe wardrobe and a bed. See this page for more details on safe containers.

Abandoned Shack, this is where you take part in the initiation of the dark brotherhood

Traitor's Post, has two wardrobes and a cupboard that you can store items in. The chest there resets along with the bandits.

Lund's Hut, NNW of Rorikstead. Farm house with non-functioning bed. Only the chest and end table are safe containers.

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   6

But is it safe to keep everything in the Arch-mages Quarters?

LOL at spoilers. It's the internet, What do you think is going to happen if your looking it up. LOL

• Level   9

Yes....once you are arch-mage, it's a safe area for you to store your stuff.

• Level   6

Cool thank you Bizarro. I just finished moving out of my dorm room.

• Level   9

Oh...lol yeah I guess there is a dorm room eh?  I kinda forgot about that.  I was still a homeless explorer when I did the college's quest.  

• Level   7

use the invisable treasure chest in dawnstar(look it up on youtube)

waited for 14 days and didnt reset and it will have a bunch of stuff in it the first time you go to it

• Level   9

I wouldn't use that chest...everything resets in it every three days.  Update:  Oh I didn't see what you added to your post.  Well, I guess you could store stuff there, but why not a trunk within a house?  They don't really cost that much in the grand scheme of things.