Mercenaries...

• Level   8

Can they die when they are followers? Lydia died, so I went and hired a mercenary to follow me and he has gotten "downed" quite a few time but never kicked the bucket.

-

Anyone know?

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

How did Lydia die? She is always with me and has not died. I even tried to get her killed by getting her stuck is traps and she would not die.

• Level   8

From what I hear Lydia can only die if you kill her.  You been going around killing women again Dom?

Pre-orders: Destiny, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Stick of Truth, Fable Anniversary,  FFX/X-2 HD, The Division, Titanfall

Proud owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One

• Level   8

All followers can only die if killed by you, except with some more serious attacks, apparently.

I've never had a follower die without me having killed them, but others have reported Giants, for example, being able to kill them.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   5

I've read online that when your follower gets down on one knee, he's on the verge of death. However most enemies in the game will turn their attention towards you once that happens, allowing your follower to get back up before a death blow. I'm starting to wander about that though... I had Faendal with me at the top of High Hrothgar and used Unrelenting Force to send him flying off the mountain side, then I waited for 20hrs and there he was again. Did that about 4 times and he made his way back up there every single time.

Even A Stopped Clock Gives the Right Time Twice A Day...

• Level   7

Faendal got stuck in the ax traps in Bleak Fall Barrow. He would get hit by one, and go down on one knee. Then it would come again, and he would get stuck on the ax and vanish. Pretty funny after a while. But whenever Lydia got down on one knee I would use Healing Hands to get her back up.

But now I use a Mage from the College, and she can handle herself.

• Level   1

Lydia died once in a fight with a group of hired thugs, but I can't be sure that it wasn't me who killed her with sparks friendly fire.  She was carrying some valuable items and I had just saved, so I just loaded it up and tried again.

• Level   1

They most certainly can die. Lydia died for me during a dragon fight. I then hired Janessa and I saw her die in a random cave. She ran past me despite me sneaking, got destroyed by some bad guys and put on one knee. After I killed all the enemies I found her face down on the floor where she went down, apparently an archer could only see her from his position. I reloaded.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level   8

@Beast

-

I may or may not have had a role in the unfortunate death of a certain companion, Id further like to implore you to reconsider doing any investigation into the circumstances of her death for you may not like what you find. That is all I will say on the matter. ;)

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   4

LOL, I took Faendal with me to Bleak Falls Barrow as well and the same thing happened to me.  I turned around just in time to see the axe shove him THROUGH the wall.

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!