Main Quest - Season Unending / Jagged Crown... glitch/bug/etc (spoiler)

• Level   5

Thanks for the heads up. Guess i better start siding with the storm cloaks. I was hoping you can play the entirety of the game without choosing a side. Staying neutral. Both sides seem to have their obvious flaws and biases.

Pain is weakness leaving the body, nothing like a good workout...
    • Level   2

you can switch sides up until you complete the jagged crown i believe. just by giving the crown to the oppisite side. maybe even up till your actually at the negotiating table with everyone. there's alot of major glitches out there though..cant be thane of riften if you buy the house before becoming thane..also have to complete all of the civil war quests before you complete all of the companions quests.. ( given your at the battle for whiterun) pretty sure you have to do mages before thieves..and if you sell the thieves guld armor or loose it before you complete al lof there quests..youre *** too. id advise going on like skyrimwiki pages and checking to make sure there were no bugs in any of your active quests to where you should do one before the other. remember seeing that you had to complete the .. ahh the crazy guy that lives in the ice north of the college. had to do his quests before another. its really kindve lame because you have to complete it in such a structured format..this game is massive..so i understand why theres so many glitches..but at least make it a story line vs open world if doing anything other than the storyline will crash you. safe often. dont delete your old saves.. good luck for work arounds.

Xbox Community Ambassadors are not employees or in any way affiliated with Xbox, Xbox LIVE or Microsoft Corporation. 

• Level   2

and i cant spell forsht atm because i havent slept :] but yeah

Xbox Community Ambassadors are not employees or in any way affiliated with Xbox, Xbox LIVE or Microsoft Corporation. 

• Level   1

FYI...it appears the 1.4 patch is going to fix this to be release to XBox sometime later this month.

• Level   1

In the mean time.. Here's a fix for PC users for the Cornered Rat issue... Can't remember where I found the files, but it was the ONLY.. listing I could find on the matter which was of any help.. Extract these into the " Data " folder and it will let you get through speaking with Esbern,,, Hearty Apologies from this Old Gold to Xbox users, but at least there is a workaround.. The Nexus Mod Manager will self install this fix... If you are really serious about pro9gressing through the level.. find a PC user who will let you use their system if you don't have one available, and use the fix.. play through, and move on... Namaste and G&GB

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbcvbn59kpp5deq

• Level   1

Patch 1.4 is currently in the testing phase. And it will fix this bug. Something to look forward to at least.

www.cinemablend.com/.../Skyrim-Patch-1-4-Now-Testing-38799.html

• Level   1

Just heard thank god!

Play up Sky Blues!
    • Level   4

Finally, I have been waiting for this for a long time. Can't wait to fight Alduin!

• Level   1

***SPOILER ALERT***

If you find yourself in the Peace Council, and have encountered the bug where nobody will start talking no matter how many times you get in and out of your seat, here is what I did...

Reloaded to the entrance to High Hrothgar, Checke dthe time, it was 1:57am, I waited toll 10am, then went in to the meeting room. Still nothing happened so I got up to make a cup of tea. All the while from my room I heard old 'What's His Beard' tell me to take my seat. When I came back with me tea, after 5 minutes of listening to him go on, I sat down for the hell of it and was just contemplating a mass 'unrelenting force' when they all started yapping and the scene continued.

So yea, get in the room and make yourself a cup of tea. It was Earl Grey tea, don't know if that was part of it...

***SECONDARY SPOILER***

Hope that works for anyone stuck in the same spot... disappointingly my speech skill seemed to play no real part in the council meeting, as I was hoping to bring about a peace between the two sides...

• Level   2

Good to see that the patch due out soon is hopefully going to fix this, I went to do the Jagged Crown quest earlier & got hit with the rubble/vine blocking my path glitch.

First quest i've had glitch like that & was wondering what I was doing wrong for a while.

• Level   1

Just to confirm, when the 1.4 patch comes out, will skyrim automatically update itself when played and connected to xbox live?

Boss

• Level   1

same problem tbh i think bethesda should just delete the dialog that galmor says and force him to actually talk

• Level   1

{ Looks to my initial post on page 2 }

Ok... I have been puttering around for  ( now I find out from Wyre Bash ) 160 hrs or so... and I have come up with another path for folks to tinker... This works up to a point and I will add as I discover mroe... so here Goes.. Below We list the choises made and so forth.. make of it what you will.. I rather enjoyed getting as far as I did>>>>>>>>>>

Finish the peace conference...

Admit the Blades and get rid fo the Thalmor

Give Ulfric Markarth in exchange for Dawnstar

Refuse Riften and accept Compensation request for Karthwasten

Conclude conference... uncheck " The Fallen " quest where one prepares to trap Odahviing and go complete a few miscellaneous quests ( I centered on finishing getting the houses available) Honeyside is in Winterhold.

Looked it up.. best choice was to join stormcloaks after that and did so before they talked about jagged crown quest again Activating Galmar and then taking the oath to join the Stormcloaks. Jagged crown Quest then works.. complete and Galmar wills say, " Take this back to Ulfric as quickly as you can and tell him he owes me a drink. " Got attacked almost immediately upon leaving the tomb by 2 drac and a wolf and a bear and a giant... finished them off and Esbern popped up again as well as Anuriel with a return to collect bounty and a need to speak with Esbrn. Take the crown back and finish conversation with Ulfric.. He will give you an Axe to take to Whiterun ( quest failed again here when I went to Balgruuf... who by then awaits the capture of Odahviing )

Explored all verbal options with Esbern.. no luck.. unchecked miscellaneous mention for return and went back to Whiterun... Capture Odahviing ( I leave it to you to figure out which shout will impress this old " Fyre Drake " ) and let him speak to initialize conversation choose the path of not trusting him... Complete the interrogation and the quest " The Fallen " then leave Dragonsreach immediately... save game... Returned and quest still broken at this point ( Ulfric won't respond save on old lines and the current thread ).. so I have to try to find the " Overlap Gap " as it were... once again. I will at this point continue with Odahviing to see Kronos.. err... ummm I mean " Aaaaallllduin " yes.. I recognize him.. as so should many of you out there * winks * Here's hoping the quest continues.. I chose Originally to side track this thread in order to not " Finish The Main Game " kind of sort of thing - you know?... Anyway.. until the fix.. the path works up to this point and the adventure is well worth it.. Even if one has to roll back.. ( I have had to three times ) This " Olde Golde " will update his findings when the overlap gap appears and can be negotiated..

Namaste...

Aurih.

• Level   7

I forgot what I did to work around it, but I found it on elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../Skyrim  just search the quest name.

1st PC - 80/88-DOS 4.0
    Becoming more machine.

• Level   1

Ok.. one more addendum concerning my venture through the morasse of broken segments... The section where you have to give Jarl Balgruuf the axe from Jarl Ulfric will unlock after you finish with Alduin in the " Dragonslayer " and matters concerning Sovengarde.. Then the civil war quest seems to be continuing.. I found the end of " Dragonslayer " to be very moving.. Very well done... In this respect we have a decent workaround for the Jagged crown and a way through the rest of the glitches as best as I have been able to find it... Hope it works for the rest of you... and enjoy the parts which do.. function correctly as well..

Namaste...

Aurih.