Ebony ingots...

• Level   4

I've just unlocked ebony smithing and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for locations of ebony ingots?  I dont think ive seen any so far on my travels so any help would be much appreciated.

• Level   8

Riverwood, Whiterun, Riften, and Solitude are where I bought mine.  By the time I did the rotation a couple of times I had more than enough to craft my Daedric set.  Easier than waiting for 24-48 hours at each vendor.

• Level   4

Thanks, im up up to 88 on my smithing now though so i may just get it to 90 and go for the daedric armour instead :D

• Level   5

Which vendors sell the ingots? I can't seem to find any of them.

• Level   8

The smithing vendors.

• Level   5

^ as you get higher level higher tiers of armour/ingots spawn in shops/chests, so most likely too low a level, im roughly level 30 and saw a few ebony ingots only just start to show up in shops.

• Level   3

Hey, (incase you cba to do the waiting thing at vendors) these are the places i found to mine ebony upto now... Just keep in mind that it takes 2 Ores for 1 Ingot

Gloombound Mine, Southeast of Windhelm, its totally safe in here too no nasty beasty's lurking round the corners. (Best mine ive found upto now, a decent amount of ebony)

Redbelly mine, in Shor's Stone to the west, Shor's Stone is North of Riften. There's was some spiders in this one i think, i know there was sommat anyway so be carefull.

• Level   8

Like above poster said, Gloombound mine, I got 42 ebony ore from it, which is half (21) ingots once smelted.

• Level   5

Nice cheers, time to go mining then :)

• Level   4

Thanks Vicious, i think i'll head over to gloombound mine and get me some ore :D

• Level   5

Completely random question, but I haven't played a warrior yet and haven't had any need to go mining/smithing. Once an ore is mined will it eventually respawn or is it mined for good?

"Being similar and being the same are two different things. By your logic, Super Mario Bros and Skyrim are the same because they both involve jumping." - Me.

• Level   3

Ore's Replenish about a month after you mined them.

• Level   5

Takes a full month? Yeesh, quite a bit longer than I'd hope for. Ah well, thanks for the answer.

"Being similar and being the same are two different things. By your logic, Super Mario Bros and Skyrim are the same because they both involve jumping." - Me.

• Level   8

You can wait, and I found a little glitch to make it go faster. Press wait, and as soon as it pops up hit your guide button, you will hear the hours clicking away about 3 times faster.

• Level   5

Might try that cheers. Gets a little long winded having to wait and watch the hours tick away at about 2 seconds per hour.