Joining the Thieves Guild Bug

• Level   1

The thieves guild quests to me are the buggiest of the bunch i had the same problem, brynjolf just waits at his stand and tells me to follow him yet he just stands there BETHESDA NEEDS TO MAKE A PATCH FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Level   2

Try Unrelenting Force on him. Save b4 you do, he may turn hostile.

• Level   1

This may be a bit off topic but, since we're talking thieves guild glitches (will be vague as possible to avoid spoilers),  I finished the quest line and returned the stolen lucky thing, but when i go back to that place where i returned it to, it looks like it did before I put that thing back in the place it belonged. Now the short cut to that room is still there, all purpley and such, and i can still get the powers, but it reverted back to the original form and "my new home" hasn't changed and I can't find K. anywhere. Anyone else have any problem like this?

Shhh... Awesome!

• Level   1

i feel you all on this problem. pc use'r here and brynjolf will naver go in to the ragged flagon or the ratway. also win he's in the

marketplace all he say's to me is "humm?"

• Level   8

I realy dont think theres a problem.I working on the same Quest as well and already spoke with him.You need to do more Quests and other things before he will talk to you.I was thinking something was up as well,but i just kept going threw other Thieves Guild Quests and no problems.I have noticed with a few other Quests as well.You must finish or start iam sure other quests in order to continue.I noticed this with other storyline Quests.

• Level   1

so yea.. i planted the ring, went to the rat ways everyone there attacked me. got to the ragged flaggon no Brynjolf... carried on with the quest to find the old guy deeper in the catacomes. esban i think. fininshed that . dude is still at the stand. i waited 24 hs. he never moved. i waited in the rats ways 25 hrs. he never showed. i waited in the ragged flaggon 24 hrs he never showed.. WTF!

• Level   1

So my buddy was playing and he had the same problem. First thing I checked was to see if he'd planted the ring. He hadn't, so I was like "problem solved." Wrong. Now he's having the same problem as everyone else. Brynjolf just doesn't want to go to the Flaggon.

Shhh... Awesome!

• Level   1

so i made it in to the Theives Guild. i hand to start at level 1 on a new save file, i use pc and got the 3rd patch installed.

so do not do iny of the Quest at the 1st of the game,, just go to Riften. in fact if you dont want Dragons in the game buging you and killing people you need to talk to, thin dont speek to the Jarl of Whiterun unt end game. so and one's in the Theives Guild thin go and git in the Dark Brotherhood, and from thare all the rest of the game. no bugs so far.

• Level   1

I got him to go down to the ragged flagon by using unrelenting force to get him to chase me to the rat way entrance then once he was outside opening the door an before it load  using unrelenting force on him again which made him follow me into the ratway and all the way to the ragged flagon. it worked and i did a quest for him but now he has returned to the market and wants me to show him around the ragged flagon but he just stands there and if I try the unrealenting force on him again i just get kicked out of the thieves guild =(

• Level   1

omg this is happening to me too! did u fix urs yet ?!?! :(

• Level   1

FIX THIS BUG!!! its like Bethesda doesnt even care... who gives two due's if you jump into a spot u have to reload from,  just load the darn game! for all of you who have ACTUALLY played the game, usually you try and keep save points to a minimun, like my inventory weight, so you cant just "reload" to go back n' start the mission over again. im wayyyy past starting a new game considering all of bethesda's last "fudge-ups" with falloutNV... cant tell you how many times i had to "reload" to fix a problem they shoulda caught in the fist place. they should be paying us test the damn things. i for one am tired of waiting rediculous ammounts of time for an update D-L  that'll actually help the gamer then ****'em off for the fack that there so called " professionals " are skirting the real issues... please, someone... anyone... get my back on this issue and lets get something actually done about our cash being squandered  on non-compliant game conglomerits . thanks-

• Level   1

I have question. After u do the market quest with the ring, an brynjolf doesn't go to the ragged flagon after he says to meet Him there, what do I do? I can't join if I can't meet him

• Level   5

Still go. He should turn up

I can actually spell. I just use a faulty keypad.

• Level   9

Yeah, he tends to be there when you get there.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

Was this fixed in the 1.9 update?