Few questions about becoming a werewolf.

• Level  

Hi, I was wondering if I become a werewolf will I still be able to join the theives guilde and Stormcloaks etc? Will people react to me normally if I go to a town in human form? What is the downside to becoming a werewolf? Also, I'm trying to raise my one handed combat skills. Any tips on how to raise it quicker? It seems like just using an axe or mace the whole game is taking forever. I have played for over 40 hours and it is only at 39.

Thanks.

• Level   5

anything that can be done on the game can still be done while being a warewolf i think, ive had no problems doing any quest because of my "beast form"

-

i never transform into it, as ive found it whole useless, although ive read comments here that it is very powerfull, i must just be useing it wrong

-

the reason im still a werewolf is that it stops you contracting desises, mainly vamparism in my logic

-

the disadvantage is that you cant gain bounses from sleeping

-

the way i would boost my one handed without level training, would be to activate the warrior stone, get a sword or prefable a katana as they have a higher stike rate, and if you are capable of surviving a few blows from a mamoth, attack one with your sword, have healing eqiuiped in the other hand, and just attack and heal constatly, just use it over and over again, seems like one of the best ways i can think of off the top of my head to be honest

• Level   7

You can still do everything you could do as a human, just don't go into beast mode in front of people or they will put a bounty on you. The only real downside is you won't get sleeping bonuses with the blood of the werewolf. When in werewolf form, you can ONLY attack and move. You cannot interact with anything or anyone and can't go into your items/magic menu. But you will be A LOT stronger, run faster than a horse and have a lot of more stamina. The camera will also change to 3rd person view when in beast form.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   6

Also if you become a werewolf you can cure yourself later if you don't like it.

• Level   6

That good to know. Thanks guys.

• Level   4

I backed out of becoming a werewolf. What happens if you transform in front of a companion?

• Level   4

I think I will become a werewolf. mainly because you can't get vampirism which I heard is really annoying. And about the sleep bonus, I don't get it most of the time anyway and I'm not sure why.

• Level   5

I dont know how annyoying vampirism ison Skyrim, but it sucked on Oblvion, i actully started as an argonian on Oblvion after being told about vamparism, maybe the cure is eaiser to find on skyrim, but like i did i think being a werewolf is worth it for the 100% resistance to desise, and oh yeah, you get an achivement for becoming one to.

• Level   3

I became a werewolf however have not turned into one yet.  I was NOT aware you get bonus for sleeping, at level 42 I have logged ZERO time sleeping; I just wait.  DANG!  I have the hag heads should I want to end being a werewolf but as it hasn't affected me as of yet I don't see no need to at this time.  

-

Oblivion and turning into a vampire I remember and I remember how DIFFICULT it was to cure myself.  If being a werewolf stops me from becoming a vampire then I'm all for it.  LATER I will become a vampire when I'm done the majority of the quests.  

-

Also I heard the wolf is good for the Brotherhood.  Kill who you want while a werewolf and then change back into your human form and nobody is the wiser.  Haven't joined yet but I will certainly give it a try.  Plus you can travel faster I've heard; and I believe this as when originally turned I could run FAST.  

-

At level 42 I have found things have slowed down considerably for ranking up, but then again I'm doing more running around and small side quests as the main one I finished last week.  

• Level   6

I think in Skyrim if you have contracted vampirism you can drink a cure disease potion within a certain amount of time to prevent yourself from turning into one. I met a guy on the road who had gotten it and he asked if I had a potion, which I did, and I gave it to him. I thought I also read that yoiu can go to a shrine to be cured. I think you have a limited window to do it though before it's a done deal.