Best way to increase speech?

• Level   5

i know, i know lots of questions, i should just figuer it out for myself right?

-

but my PC isnt in same room as my Xbox so thought id fill my boots while my deadra question is being addresed.

-

whats the best way to increase speech, ive sold tons of stuff but it dosent seem to have improved much, does things like cost of item influnce how fast it improves? i dont really buy anything from anyone, if it can be found or made. so sale is the only thing thats increses my speech, and im at level 49 and my speech must be in the early 30's still, and i really want the perk to sell any iteam kind to any vendor soon.

• Level   5

I got to level 78 by level 45?

Loot stuff.

Sell stuff.

Don't worry about it actively.

Loot stuff.

Sell stuff.

Buy stuff.

Sell stuff.

Buy stuff.

Sell stuff.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   5

I dont buy stuff, thats the problem.... i was wondering if anything else did it besides sellin and buying.

-

and if cost of item or any other factors incresed the leveling up rate?

• Level   5

Best way is to sell high price items individually. Like, if you have more than one, sell them separately, not as a group. Apart from that and training, not really a quick way to do it.

• Level   5

"Best way is to sell high price items individually".

Can you actually confirm that is the case? I don't think it is but this is something I'm actually not certain about.

• Level   5

Who trains in it?

-

buty given im level 49, it will take a while to get it up by training becuase of the 5x a level thing

• Level   5

ChainSmokingBob

"Best way is to sell high price items individually".

Can you actually confirm that is the case? I don't think it is but this is something I'm actually not certain about.

Apparently if you have enough of an item to sell as a group, you only increase your speech through the base value of the sale, not through each item individually. I have noticed it seems to be the case with me, yeah.

• Level   5

Have you done the sidequest in whiterun for that woman at the marketstalls who wants a mammoth tusk?...or the one who's being harrassed by the bard in the tavern?....it's one of those two, I forget which..but they're both right next to each other and real easy........anyway, the reward for one of them is a speech level-up and some other level-up...and then you can get speech training off her.....theres an easy 6 speech for ya this level if you feel like it.

• Level   5

Stubz86

Who trains in it?

-

buty given im level 49, it will take a while to get it up by training becuase of the 5x a level thing

Revyn Sadri, who is a common level trainer in Windhelm. 

Ogmund in Markarth is an expert trainer, and Giraud Gemane of the Bards College in Solitude is the master level trainer. 

• Level   8

there is a speech glitch.......

• Level   4

The Mask of Claudius Vile (I think his name is) is a fun quest and the mask gives a boost to speech and 20% better prices.

• Level   4

yeah its a good quest but that dang dog kept getting in the way when your in a house or cave... the mask looks sweet too to bad its heavy tho.. im a light armor kinda guy

• Level   8

Speech glitch in riften, Go to Black -Briar Meadery, talk to Ungrien and ask Tell me about Maven Black-briar, then ask for the truth (Pursuade). Rinse and repeat. If you can't pursuade for the truth then pay him $50? it will work after that.

• Level   8

"Apparently if you have enough of an item to sell as a group, you only increase your speech through the base value of the sale, not through each item individually. I have noticed it seems to be the case with me, yeah".

Interesting, interesting. I don't sell many stacked items (generally sell and buy loot, and my loot tends not to stack) but that would be quite interesting indeed.

Cheers man : )

• Level   7

If you want items to sell, try crafting daggers & upgrading them, then enchant them with pretty soul gems, and sell them to vendors. Doing this levels up your smithing skills, enchanting skills, speech skills, overall level & makes you alot of gold.