Help Becoming Thane of Morthal

• Level   5

I've been trying to become the Thane of Morthal and what ever hold it is in but I'm having trouble. It says I need to complete 3 activities that involve helping the people around town. It says I've completed 2/3 but I can't figure out how to finish the last one. I've done alot of things for this place. I completed the "Laid To Rest" quest where you investigate the burned down house and kill the Vampire, I've gotten Lami the Songs of the Alchemist book she was looking for, I chopped alot of wood for Jorgen, I fist faught Benor and I literally just killed a Dragon that was attacking the town. I don't know what else to do so I can finish this task. If anyone has any idea or tips feel free to share them.

• Level   8

I have an idea... Google it.

• Level   5

I did. A couple times actually. I'm not that stupid as to not try google first. Most everything I found was glitches and junk involving Morthal. I even searched through countless forum pages. So if you can't help, don't try to.

• Level   7

I have an idea, Pakalo guy, go away if you can't help. Now I shall help this poor soul.

I am thane of Morthal and don't know how really. It says that you have to help the people of THAT region. (I think that region is called the Pale?). You don't have to specifically help people in Morthal itself, but you can help people in that region. Ask the jarl or steward for work, or wonder around the region for random people that you can help.

Groovy.

• Level   8

I figured Google would help you in a more timely manner and be a little more specific than people on the forums.  If you don't like my idea of help, tough luck.

• Level   5

Oh you're right. I forget that there's more than one village in each hold or region. And Morthal is actually in the Hjaalmarch hold. Eh, I guess I'll do some exploring. There's not many places nearby though unless Solitude is a part of the hold. I haven't been there yet. I'll check it out.

• Level   7

Solitude is part of the Hjaalmarch hold if I am correct. I got a 1000 bounty for Hjaalmarch after killing a guard there.

Groovy.

• Level   2

I had the same problem as you, OP. Then I accidentally discovered that investing in the alchemist's shop counts as "helping the people." So start working on those Speech perks! ;)

• Level   3

Between the main quests, side quests and misc quests there should be way more than enough things for you do to there lol. Just talk to people and see if they need help with anything.

Ask the inn-keeper if there are any jobs going. There will definitely be something for you to do.

Shut It Ya Bass!
    • Level   8

Pakalolo Time

I figured Google would help you in a more timely manner and be a little more specific than people on the forums.  If you don't like my idea of help, tough luck.

Yes Cause Saying Google it is SO much helpful..... Anyways Doing the Vampire quest there should be one of them and also the one where you help the Jarl's daughter( forgot name but looks like her and name starts with an (i) i believe) where you have to give a letter to some monk thing in whiterun. Ask a guy in the inn for work apparently it counts toward it to like cutting wood.

• Level   4

1. Search poor guy

2. Give him a coin

3 ?????

4. Profit!

Spartans never die Jorge, they're just missing in action
    • Level   5

Get over the Google thing, man. I already told you I did Google the question before asking it here as well as searching this board for answers and found nothing.

And thanks Legion. I just made it to Solitude and I'll see what I can do here to help people out. If I can't figure it out right away I will just put becoming the Thane on the back burner for a bit. I'll probably end up inadvertently completing the last task anyway.

• Level   3

Pakalolo Time

Oh come on.. Even you must recognize how much of a tool you are being at this stage, surely? I get that you're trying to save face by sticking to your guns, but let me tell you, there is no face left to save. Everyone who has read your posts here thinks you're a [MOD EDIT]head. They just haven't said it so explictly because they don't want to get banned. I on the other hand am not fussy, there are worse things that can happen.

Shut It Ya Bass!
    • Level   3

"Everyone who has read your posts here thinks you're a [MOD EDIT]head."

I don't, actually, but it's nice to know that exaggeration is still running strong.

If you don't know that Solitude is a Hold Capital and clearly isn't part of the same hold Morthal is capital of, being told to Google something isn't as ridiculous as it sounds, particularly since people are way too eager to ask for help rather than just doing the exploring to try figure out what to do.

"Help people of any given Hold"

OK, cool. Maybe I'll go walking around in that Hold and do quests for people. Is that so hard?

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   3

ChainSmokingBob

"Everyone who has read your posts here thinks you're a  [MOD EDIT]head."

I don't, actually, but it's nice to know that exaggeration is still running strong.

Well.. he is. So that would make you wrong. But forgive me for assuming.

ChainSmokingBob

If you don't know that Solitude is a Hold Capital and clearly isn't part of the same hold Morthal is capital of, being told to Google something isn't as ridiculous as it sounds, particularly since people are way too eager to ask for help rather than just doing the exploring to try figure out what to do.

"Help people of any given Hold"

OK, cool. Maybe I'll go walking around in that Hold and do quests for people. Is that so hard?

Simply telling someone to use google is fine. Doing it in the condescending manner that Pakalolo, and now you, have done is not.

His sarcastic "I have an idea.." quip and you saying "Is that so hard?"  Is what I'm talking about by the way, before you ask.

Shut It Ya Bass!