Enemies are randomly tough?

• Level   4

Take two identical bandits. Both have fur armor and iron weapons/shield. First bandit, I kill in two hits. Second bandit, I kill in twenty hits and I get my @@@ handed to me as well. What's the difference between them? Neither of them appear any different yet I constantly run into enemies who seem to vary in difficulty. Ill run into one dungeon only having to beef up the diffculty because it's too easy, then run into the cave next door and I'll have to bump down the difficulty to Apprentice because it got way too challening. I don't feel as though their system for difficulty it spread out well, seems randomy to me most of the time. Anyone else agree?

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper." -T.S. Eliot
    • Level   4
    This post has been deleted.
    • Level   2

Some enemies just have more health/skills than others in their group.  Also depends on how you hit them & with what.

• Level   2

I know what you're talking about, when a Bandit or whatever is just called a 'Bandit' yet the 'Bandit' before it was much easier.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, however, because I think that among other things it keeps the combat interesting. Also, a bandit doesn't have to be (and indeed, shouldn't be) identical to all the other bandits.

Lastly, I'm sorry but if you're bumping the difficulty down to apprentice because you're finding combat hard, there's something wrong and it's far more than because one Bandit is tougher than another.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   7

Or you could always go for the stealth approach:  Both bandits will go down just as easily with a silent arrow to the head!  ';cP

• Level   2

Sargon, i tried that on a three man group of bandits by Bleak Falls Barrow, and i got one of them with a 3.0x Sneak Attack, but the other one still lived through it, then the third one, an archer, survived like two sneak attacks, and took me down in 3 or 4 shouts with arrows. I had to turn down the difficulty, and constantly find a safe spot to hide and wait for health to regenerate.

• Level   2

^

If the difficulty is too hard for you, don't complain about it, turn it down. If something resists two stealth attacks and then kills you rather easily AND YOU DON'T LIKE IT OR CAN'T DEAL WITH IT, turn the difficulty down.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   4

Why do people think I'm mad? I'm more asking what the deal is when they appear exactly identical. I'd rather my enemies not all be the same but it's harder for me to grasp that they're "tougher" when using they same exact stuff as a weaker enemy just somehow much much better.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper." -T.S. Eliot
    • Level   4

This happened to me yesterday while approaching a shipwreck.  I kill the first person with 1 arrow.  The next enemy has a shield I have never seen and a weapon I have never seen.   Killed me faster than I could even comprehend.  So I loaded my save, approached the area again and it was 2 very easy people again.  Clearly random enemies.  So I guess watch your back and always be prepared for the worst. lol

• Level   4

You can turn the difficulty down?

• Level   8

u can turn the difficulty up, and no two enemies are identical, they vary in lvl, which means diff hp, skills and abilities, theres no way of knowing an enemys lvl, so even in the same armor with the same weapons, or even non npc monsters are gonna be very different

Ticket price buys the whole seat but you'll only need the edge.

• Level   4

to the OP, I havent figured it out either but I do kind of enjoy it. I like to think how the NPCs are reacting when they see my character come storming up. When im rocking dragon armour and a few blades I would think the NPCs would run. But When I roll up in dirty low lvl leather and no weapons just to surprise them with lvl 100 destruction are they asking each other "why does the dirt bag have insane magic but look like a melee char?

Fus Roh, wait for it, Dah!

• Level   5

Maybe its because i save so awesome but i'll play a part about thirty times trying to complete it. I don't mind the higher difficulty and i get a lot better. Oddly enough when i give up and try again the next day i go right through the enemies with no problem. I have no complaints about adept difficulty. It's games like Dark Sous with its lack of saves that enrage me.

Nobody puts Ghost in the corner.
    • Level   8

why would anyone play on any dificulty but master, could u realisticly slay a dragon without help, or a troll, or a mamoth or a giant etc. as ur build gets better u should have a easier time, unless u have abad build, every character cant be everything, how cana dragon slayer be a thief, or vesre visa-maybe look at the quests ur taking on, or how u engage random encounters, i have to run for it with my khajiit thief most everytime, but my orc fighter can take just about anything (cept traps, lockpicks, pickpockets etc)

Ticket price buys the whole seat but you'll only need the edge.