Constant Freezing

• Level  

"I have had trouble playing it from the disk so I have it installed on both my Xboxs. the one I play with at home and the one I take to work."

Where exactly do you work? Sounds curious :P

And OP, I'd get a new disk. The same thing is happening here with MW3, though only the disk not registering as playable. No problems with any other game, no scratches on ANY of my disks whatsoever, old console.

Get a new disk (even if you rent one for a few dollars) and see whether the issues still occur.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level  

Mine did freeze sometimes  with the first patch still doing with the new but no so frequent. At least not freezing while getting indoor/outdoor like before.

• Level  

DarthLama

Maybe it's older consoles? I have the new console, the black one with the 250GB and the built in Wireless. In almost 100 hours between 2 characters, I have had 3 freezes. There has to be something different somewhere that's causing this. I install to the Hard Drive if that helps any? I'm wondering if for some reason the older consoles just have a problem with Skyrim? You would think that they would have tested on all available models.

We have already ruled out console versions.  My wife has the brand new GOW3 console and has had quite a few freezing issues with her 360 while playing Skyrim. And thats with only a few hours of gameplay.  My friend also has a brand new slim elite and has had several freezing issues. I have an older 360 and mine has froze about 12 times in 100 hours of gameplay. This game is harder on older 360s but the freezing problem is not console related. Its Bethesda coding.

• Level   2

I have the old Elite 120 GB, froze once, then i installed it, no problem since then :D i think it is 1.5 - 2 years old now

• Level   5

I have the limited edition Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 Elite (120 GB HDD) and have 150 hours invested into 1 character (with about 10 saves) and have only frozen up 2 times.  For those who have alot of freezing issues, how many save files do you have?  If have quite a few, maybe you should delete some or move older saves to a USB drive and see if that helps.  You might also want to check your save files (with the 360 memory management) to see if you have any corrupted saves (if so delete them).  Then again, it could just be the coding.  I used to freeze up alot when playing Oblivion and Fallout 3.

• Level   5

Echo Drive

I have the limited edition Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 Elite (120 GB HDD) and have 150 hours invested into 1 character (with about 10 saves) and have only frozen up 2 times.  For those who have alot of freezing issues, how many save files do you have?  If have quite a few, maybe you should delete some or move older saves to a USB drive and see if that helps.  You might also want to check your save files (with the 360 memory management) to see if you have any corrupted saves (if so delete them).  Then again, it could just be the coding.  I used to freeze up alot when playing Oblivion and Fallout 3.

I only have about 6-7 files that I save in rotation.    When it gets over 10 files I delete the extras and get back down to around 6-7 again.  And yes my game is installed, and my wifes game, and my friends game.  All installed.  Its the Bethesda coding.

• Level   5

It's weird that this issue is affecting some people much more than others.

• Level   6

Let me state the obvious. If it was the Bethesda coding, we'd ALL have the same problem.  We don't.

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   2

I had about 100 hours played and finished all the main and side story quests, including the Daedric ones, and I never had the game freeze once. I didn't install it to my hard drive because Bethesda came out saying that we shouldn't.

I think that it's got to be the XBox, because like is said above, we'd all be having the problem if it was a coding issue with Bethesda. Mine is a 250GB Slim. Haven't played it on my GF's XBox in the bedroom, but that's a 2009 Jasper model.

• Level   3

Mines a 2009 Jasper model; the Resident Evil Red Limited Edition.  I did download it to the hard drive as I do with all my games.

-

I have about 125 hours in tops; have had it freeze now maybe 8-10 times.  I don't find this to major since I remember Oblivion freezing a lot more than this, probably 5 or more times this amount for me.

-

I wasn't aware originally that you should delete files and had over 800 saves.  I still didn't have many freeze ups but the waiting to SAVE or LOAD took forever.  Since deleting all of them and now only have 3-5 saves, I have had just as many issues of freezing that I did prior.  Again 8-10 I'm not finding too bad.

• Level   3

Well I just opened up my Xbox and the disc drive to clean it out. It sure was dirty, especially the disc drive, so I thought it would surely solve the problem. It turns out it didnt do a damn thing. Nothin different. I froze 4 times in the hour and a half i played. I also tried clearing the cache and playing offline, but it said the saves were from an updated version and I would have to update for it to work.

I think it is the games coding. If a lot of people are experiencing freezing, just at certain degree, then its surely the game.

• Level   3

I have a 250 gig ebony slim an I bought it last summer an I have only froze up 2 times since launch!

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   1

LOOK...MY GAME WONT LOAD UP OFF CONTINUE OR LOAD...

DELETED ALL SAVE FILES BUT 1.....TOOK THE GAME BACK AND EXCHANGED

FOR ANOTHER...AND STILL...THE GAME IS NOT FROZE...BECAUSE THE LOAD SCREEN

THROWS OUT HINTS AND I CAN SPIN THE FIGURE ON THE SCREEN...

BUT THE GAME DOES NOT BOOT INTO GAME PLAY.....I HAVE AN OLDER XBOX

BUT I HAVE ZERO TO NONE FREEZING ISSUES..SO I RULED OUT ME HAVING

AN OLDER BOX.....AND SEEING PEOPLE WITH NEWER BOXES HAVE ISSUES

MAKES ME FEEL COMFORT IN IT NOT BEING MY BOX ITSELF BUT THIS GAME

• Level   3

Well over the week the problem really diminished, freezing only 5 times max in like 6 hours of gameplay id say. But today I cant  go without 10 minutes (literally) without freezing. I dont know what it is.  Im still trying to get another copy of the disc to rule out that its just the disc. Ill keep this updated.

• Level   4

This may be very obvious but I haven't seen it mentioned yet.....

To anyone having freezing issues, is your xbox power supply in a well ventilated area? I think most people have their consoles in a good spot, but not everyone knows that the power supply has to be well ventilated as well.

Just throwing it out there.....

And I have a 250gb slim model, game installed to hd, and I have maybe 1 freeze every 2-3 days. Not a huge issue, but still annoying. And between my wife and I we've put around 200 hours into the game since launch, all on one console.

I am the video word made flesh.