Dark Brotherhood quest chain freeze (Deep spoilers)

• Level   5

So I'm up to the part where you return to the sanctuary after killing the fake emperor and need to get out before the fire kills you. The Night mother calls to you telling you to embrace her, so I do, the screen goes black and my 360 freezes to the point where the only way to turn it off is by unplugging it from the wall. . . This happens every single time I try it. Anyone had this happen?

• Level   3

its kinda buggy, try leaving it go for a couple of minutes.

• Level   5

Top tip mate, left it for about a minute and it kicked back into life. Strange as you like!

• Level   5

Yup...I had to leave mine for about 6 minutes, after restarting the console 2 previous times.  The issue seems to be that while you are in the coffin the NPC's outside are getting stuck trying to get in the room.  I saw a developer's view of this quest playing out, where they can look externally and manipulate the camera.  Apparently the 2 NPC's that come to your rescue have a tendancy to get stuck on objects when trying to navigate to the crypt and the next phase won't trigger until they are within dialogue range.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys." -Andrew Ryan

"M'aiq can travel fast across the land. Some lazy types take carriages. It is all the same to M'aiq." -M'aiq the Liar

• Level   5

Ahh that explains it then, cheers Square, seems it's just down to luck whether or not the npc's make it through the doors within a few seconds or a few minutes. Frustrating though all the same.

• Level   3

This happened to me the first time too. It was really annoying because it broke the momentum I had built up after being chased for several miles and fighting a dragon after I had finally reached safety . I only had to restart from the entrance to the sanctuary but you know... Anyway it worked for me the second time but apparently it's a common glitch, which is news to me. Fear not though, it'll eventually work.

• Level   7

That didn't happen to me. But it was probably my favorite part of this game so far. It seems that you have won, and then betrayal sets in. I turned into a Werewolf, ripped apart every guard in the place and ran down to the Sanctuary in my most primal form. I changed back into a human right when I was near the entrance. I saw one of my favorite people in the Sanctuary dead and tied to the tree. Went inside and my Moon Brother was slaughtered and on fire. That was an extremely well done quest.

• Level   6

I love you Implantedwall14.

JimBob

Commander-in-Chief of the Internet Police Force

"Stopping Internet Crime After It Happens!"

• Level   7

Doesn't everybody? I thought it was just a given :)

• Level   9

I had to hit the 'wait' button for it to push past that part of the DB story.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

Another thing to note (SPOILER BELOW)

That Sanctuary will continue to freeze like that after this quest line is over and the Dark Brotherhood moves to Dawnstar. You can still go inside the "old" sanctuary, but you will suffer a 40-60 second "freeze" while it loads.  I have no idea why this happens.  But the reason I'm posting this (AGAIN SPOILERS FOLLOW) is that there is a Barenziah stone in the sanctuary that I did not notice until after the fire burned the place out. I ended up going back there just to see what kind of condition the place was in and if the guards are still patrolling the area and I walked into Astrid's old room, and there was the Barenziah stone.

Enjoy!

• Level   9

Hmm, I'll have to go check if I got that one.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

after i finished the quest line i went back to the DB sanctuary to get the Stone of Barenziah every time i go in it always freezes

• Level   1

I Had the same problem thanks for the comments :)

• Level   1

I'm stuck in the same thing, but the music stops no mather what i do.. that means it's frozen rigth? Help? i loved the DB quest line! and this is the 5th time i do it and 2nd time i got this problem.