TV Incompatible with Skyrim?

• Level   3

Okay, so I've noticed a problem with Skyrim... it doesn't fit on my TV. In normal format when I play Skyrim, it completely cuts off the compass and notifications at the top, and it cuts off part of the sides of menus (like the inventory, the A in "All" is halfway cut off, and so on.) So I figure "Well... maybe, for some odd reason, this is meant to be played in widescreen, even though my TV doesn't look widescreen." Now, mind you, the problem is much alleviated in widescreen format. I can see about half the compass, and the menus are no longer cut off at the sides, but I still can't see notifications and everything seems like three feet taller all of a sudden which is... very odd.

So, the point... are there any settings on the Xbox 360 or Skyrim that I can use to fix this? CoD has a sort of screen edges thing that works quite well, but I found nothing like that here. The TV is an old Emerson and I already checked it's settings and there's nothing there to resize the screen.

• Level   5

Time to get an HDTV by the sounds of it. Most are widescreen and these days are relatively cheap. Much better picture quality too.

Tag 'em and Bag 'em!

Know the enemy; Kill the enemy.

My N7 HQ

• Level   5

You do have an option in the game menu to adjust for the screen size.

• Level   5

EV1L SEAN

Time to get an HDTV by the sounds of it. Most are widescreen and these days are relatively cheap. Much better picture quality too.

Very true, I would much rather play on a "smaller" (22-27") HDTV then a bigger (30"+) SDTV any day.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   8

Im looking to invest in an HDTV myself this holiday, I can barely read the text because it is SO small and the picture doesnt fit.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   8

"Im looking to invest in an HDTV myself this holiday, I can barely read the text because it is SO small and the picture doesnt fit"

The game is beautiful in HD man, I hope you enjoy playing Skyrim with it. It should just be awesome : )

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.