Quest Items Remaining In Inventory

• Level   9

Yeah, it's pretty out of the way, and you need certain supplies to pull it off. Supplies that are quest given.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

This is a known issue. I also have few items annoyingly stuck:

a) 2 quest items from Bard College (Finn / Pantea)

b) 2 quest item from A Night To Remember (Giant Toe / Alto Wine)

c) 1 quest (not item) from Skald's request to kill a Giant (I can redo this quest by revisiting the scene and resulted in multiple same quests stuck)

My observation is, for point (b), once you trigger the quest and acquire the first quest item(s), don't collect any of the same item, or you will stuck with multiple.

I've finished the quest for point (a) and keep interacting with the quest givers to no avail.

I haven't finished quest (b), so not sure if the item will be removed after that.

I wonder when Bethesda will patch this annoying and frustrating glitch!!

• Level   1

Now I have a LOT more of these items. (most listed in the post above mine)   And some of them like the Lute have a weight of 4.  I dont mind quest items with no weight but 1 here and there and a 2 here and there and a 4 all start adding up.  I noticed after the 1.3 patch I can now drop the "hip bone" that I have been carrying forever but thats the only one I can get rid of.  The flute, lute, and many other items are still there.

• Level   4

I have a strange amulet I can't get rid of but no quest related to it, I don't even remember how I got it. I read that it's associated with the Dark Brother Hood but I am not a member of that guild!

Oh yea well Dracula called and he's coming over tonight for you, and I said ok. - Master Shake

• Level   4

CAMAROBOY69
    I noticed after the 1.3 patch I can now drop the "hip bone" that I have been carrying forever...

Just don't lose this one. It's for Daedric Quest, no Spoilers. Unless you already did it?

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   4

I still have that hip bone at my Riften house and now that you mention it, I think I did complete that quest.  Thats the one that gives you the item that starts with a "W"?  

• Level   4

CAMAROBOY69

I still have that hip bone at my Riften house and now that you mention it, I think I did complete that quest.  Thats the one that gives you the item that starts with a "W"?

Yes you get the W from S from that quest. 

Oh yea well Dracula called and he's coming over tonight for you, and I said ok. - Master Shake

• Level   9

Even though the quest item shows weight, it doesn't actually count against your total.  Just find a barrel and put everything you have in it except your quest items.  It should show as zero.

If you have trouble making line-breaks on forum posts, do the following:  Make sure you go to the "rich formatting" screen (do not use the small, quick-reply window below each forum post).  Now, hold down the shift key while pressing Enter at the end of a paragraph.  Do this twice and you will have a double space between paragraphs.  You're welcome.

• Level   9

Spoiler:

STRANGE AMULET

It's part of the Blood and Ice quest, but it's not a crucial piece and can be sold off after you've gathered evidence. take it to the curiosity shop in Windhelm and the guy will take it for you.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   9

I'm not sure if it's a "work-around" or not but after doing the Escape from Jail Achievement, I noticed all of those Items where removed from my Inventory while I was in Jail. Maybe simply not pick those Items up out of the Evidence Chest after breaking out?

I'll experiment with this later.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   1

the amulet is probably an amulet fragment of gouldor, the unusual gems are stones of barenziah, the hip bone is the start of the daedric quest, for the daedric artifact, the wabbajack staff, u need to complete these quests.

• Level   6

LostKauz

I'm not sure if it's a "work-around" or not but after doing the Escape from Jail Achievement, I noticed all of those Items where removed from my Inventory while I was in Jail. Maybe simply not pick those Items up out of the Evidence Chest after breaking out?

I'll experiment with this later.

Please let me know if this works, I have all the Bards College, the hip bone etc and I have completed all related quests. I don't think they are weighing me down they are just giving me a headache being in the inventory.

• Level   3

@ Fear Thy Waffle,

That is true, but you need it again if you intend to play through Dawnguard.  So, it ends up back in your inventory.  It's a shame, that Scroll would look great on the mantle of Lakeshore Manor.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start!
    • Level   5

Jameser78

Spoiler:

STRANGE AMULET

It's part of the Blood and Ice quest, but it's not a crucial piece and can be sold off after you've gathered evidence. take it to the curiosity shop in Windhelm and the guy will take it for you.

Yep and this is easily one of the most flawed quest in the game. Always sell the amulet to the museum owner in Windhelm. After the quest is over, you can loot it and it will have it's "power" unlocked. From there it will be able to be dropped/stored/sold.

• Level   5

i figured out how to get rid of the Briarhearts stuck in my inventory thanks to the Repairing the Phial quest glitch.  I ate them.  Now I just need to figure out how to get Riordans Drum, Finn's Lute and that kind of bullsh*t out.  Not to mention the runed lexicon and that kind of stuff.  

Want to form a loot farming crew for Borderlands 2.