(maybe minor spoiler) Skyforge smithing ?

• Level   2

I am on my second playthrough and I forget how do you get to forge the extra items at Skyforge? I think their Draur and some extra Daedric items. I have 100 smithing. Do I have to finish the Companions questline first ?

• Level   8

Yes... basically just finish the Companions quest.

The Constitution does not just protect those whose views we share; it also protects those with whose views we disagree.
    --Edward Kennedy

• Level   5

Does the Skyforge smith have anything todo with it?  For some reason he dropped out of the sky dead about 30 feet from me in the street in Whiterun.  Almost as strange as the dead guy that showed up at my wedding.  

• Level   8

Yes the gray-mane smith is important.

Only because he needs to give you his speech about the forge being "young" again.

The Constitution does not just protect those whose views we share; it also protects those with whose views we disagree.
    --Edward Kennedy

• Level   8

What are the extra items you can smith, anyway? Ancient Nord stuff is OK, but you can find it, if I remember correctly.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   5

You can make skyforge steel weapons (obviously), draugr "nord hero" weapons, and oddly under daedric, "ancient nord" armour

pretty sure that's all the skyforge exclusives...

my character is a big burly nord barbarian type...and I love the look of that ancient nord armour and a big nord hero battleaxe on him...it works so well...

• Level   8

When at the Sky-forge:

Nord Hero Weapons are under the Dragur section. Needs Ancient Nord weapons to build Hero weapons.

The Ancient Nord Armor is in the the Deadric section. I know you can find Ancient Nord Helmets but I am not sure about the rest of the armor.

Those are the only extra things that appear at the Sky-forge.

On a side note Female Ancient Nord Helmets are waaay more awesome than the Male version.

Edit. Sky forge steel can not be made by the player character.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   5

I edit your edit...yes it bloody can!...it's in the steel section...have a look!

• Level   8

Again.

Sky-forge Steel Can Not Be Forged By The Player Character.

Only Gray-Mane Makes Them And Sells Them.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   5

Ohhhhh gawwwwd.....could I fail any more?

Sorry man...I just checked and you are right....I dunno why but I could've sworn I'd seen it there and even made some ages ago.....hahaha...my bad...jeeze...

• Level   8

Its all good.

We're only Human after all.

Unless you're Argonian or a Khajiit.

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   5

Wait?! There is a special forge? Im not kinding by this question. I thought all forges where all the same. So how you get it?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nov. 11, 2011)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   8

So far [not sure] the Sky-Forge is the only "special" Forge.

There are other forges.... Lunar Forge for example. But that does nothing different.

Sky-Forge is location in Whiterun next to Jorvaskarr {I murdered that name}

And you need to finish most/if not all of the Companion Quest line

--Edward Kennedy

• Level   7

I was just about to post and ask where the Ancient Nord armor was in the crafting menu. Odd that it's under Daedric, I don't think I even looked there. I'll have to try that when I get home from work.

Zeroo Wolf

Wait?! There is a special forge? Im not kinding by this question. I thought all forges where all the same. So how you get it?

Yes, after you complete the main quest line for the Companions, go talk to Eoland Grey-Maine and he will give you a little speech about the Skyforge. After that, you can craft Nord Hero Weapons and Ancient Nord Armor (The armor Aela The Huntress wears) at the Skyforge.

The odd thing about the Ancient Armor is that it's considered Heavy Armor. It sure doesn't look Heavy on Aela. The other strange thing is that Aela prefers light armor. I was hoping that armor would be light, I wanted to put it on my female rogue. Oh well.

• Level   5

So then I dont got far to go since Ive done the Companions Quest. I have even married Aela LOL

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nov. 11, 2011)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!