Can You Marry Lydia?

• Level   8

I am wondering if you can. I looked on the wiki and said you cant but have seen people saying they have?

• Level   8

As both the wikis say no then I would say no as well.

• Level   4

Yes you can.

• Level   7

There is a glitch that can make it not possible to marry her. Simple answer is yes, you can marry her, but due to a glitched, arrow to the knee programing, it can be a crap shoot.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   5

Lydia is bugged. Something to do with a unkonwn quest conflict that prevents a person from marrying her, unlike PC users we cannot use console commands to marry her. At first I thought I wanted Lydia and was going to wait for a possible patch, but then I meet Jordis (Joor - dis) The Sword Maiden. She is simliar to Lydia alot shorter than 6ft 9 to 7ft Lydia and isn't passive agrresive when you ask to trade items with her. I came to enjoy her warmth and  her actual excitment with accompyning me on journies throughout Skyrim. She can be found after becoming Thane in Solitude and buying the Proudspire Manor. This from my personal experience.

Rise above the crowd and take thy flight towards triumph.

• Level   8

Dang bugs!! I wonder if they are working a fix. Any so this Jorids chick is in Solitude? How do i become Than of Solitude? The Proudspire Manor is a house right?

• Level   5

Yes, Jordis is in Solitude. She is only available once you become thane. Yes, The Proudspire Manor is a purchasable house for $25,000 Septims.

Here is a guide to becoming thane of Solitude.

"Talk to Falk Firebeard in the Blue Palace, and he will give you the quest The Man Who Cried Wolf, summoning you to investigate lights and sounds coming out of Wolf Skull Cave which is located in the mountains west of Solitude. After completing the quest, talk to Falk again and he will reward you. You may then speak directly to the Jarl herself, and she will thank you and give you one more task.

She will ask you to place Torygg’s War Horn on the Shrine of Talos as a tribute to her late husband. Take the War Horn to the specifed Shrine and place it at the foot of the statue of Talos, then return to Elisif for your reward.

After you have completed this task go back and talk to the Jarl. She will invite you to be a thane of hers but in order to be a Thane, you must first own property in Solitude and be known throughout the hold. This property can be purchased from Falk for 25000 gold pieces. Being known throughout the hold is done by helping out 5 of the citizens with their miscellaneous quests. Once you buy the property and help the citizens, go and talk to her, and she will appoint you to be a Thane of Solitude.

You will also be given the Blade of Haafingar.

Note: Some time after you clear out Wolf Skull Cave, you will receive a letter from a courier asking you to speak to Falk once more. This is a quest to hunt down Potema's spirit, The Wolf Queen Awakened, but is not required to become Thane."

Source: elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../Thane

There is a bug that can occur. Make sure you go through Quest line to become Thane and purchase the house. After I purchased the House I believe I talked to Elsif the Fair afterwards she told me to become well known before I can be appointed Thane. This is where the misc quest "Assist the people of the hold" comes up. You can do a view misc before speaking to her after purchasing the house. But I recommend to speak to her immediately for the quest to appear, once you have done all 5 misc quests. Then you can talk to her to become thane.

The Bug that can occur, happens when a person does the 5 misc quests ahead of time. Thus glitches the quest from completing.

Also, after purchasing the house. If the Jarl Elsif the Fair doesn't say anything just in case that happens. Just wait two days or so. It hasn't happened to me nor have I heard of it. But just in-case something does occur.

Hope that helps and let me know if you're were successful with becoming Thane of Solitude.

• Level   8

Thanks. So i should do the 5 quests after i do the stuff for the Jarl so the bug doesn't kick in. Man i really hate bugs.

• Level   5

Yes, make sure to follow the questline to be a potential thane. The Jarl will tell you that you need to first own propety before she can bestow you as Thane. You can talk to Falk to purchase The Proudspire Manor. After you purchase the house and enter your house to complete the quest that pops up when purchasing. You then can go back to the Blue Palace where Jarl Elsif the Fair is. Talk to her or Falk and either should give you the quest "Assist the people of the hold". Once you recieve the quest, it should pop up with the quest title along with a counter for example " Quest title (0/5)" each misc quest you complete it will update the number. Apologize for the late reply was busy for a bit. :)

• Level   5

Also, to find the misc quest. Talk to the people througout the city of Solitude, I'll recommend only doing the quests that allow you to remain within the city. It will be alot quicker to become Thane that way as you won't have to journey outside the city walls while doing the favors for certain people.

For example, after you witness a public execution talk to one of the girls running around with their firend. She'll give you a quest to talk to the man's sister. Another quest is talking to the mad servant that gives you the quest "The Mind of Madness". You can go in to the market and speak to the lady who sells spice wine she will give you an easy task, and others througout solitude. I'll recommend not talking to the Lizard guy as I believe his quest does not count. In all, as you perform various favors the quest "Assist the people of the hold" will prompt a update message. This is all from personal experience. I'm glad I could be of help. :)

• Level   8

It no problem for late reply. Thank you been a big help.  As i don't have the strategy guide i have to ask some questions.

• Level   5

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

• Level   1

I have and I would be glad to make a YouTube vid proving it.

ATK Caboose XboxLive

• Level   9

Due to a patch earlier this year, the bug initially preventing players from marrying Lydia was fixed so that you can now legitimately marry her (Patch 1.5 I believe it was).

RIP Raychel, 29/06/2012. Beloved sister and friend (Forum poster: Ghost Rider 2099). Your light was extinguished far too early... Rest now, for one day we shall meet again.