Oblivion Walker Achievement - HELP!!

• Level   6

I couldn't get Oblivion Walker to unlock in my first play through, even though I had collected 15 daedric artifacts at various times. So, I assumed that you had to have them all at once.  With that in mind, I started a second playthrough. Tonight, standing in my house in Whiterun, I have on my person, all at the same time, the following items: 1. Black Star, 2. Ebony Mail, 3. Mask of C.V., 4. the Oghma Infinium, 5. Saviors Hide, 6. Volendrung, 7. Mehrunes Razor, 8. Ebony Blade, 9. Dawnbreaker, 10. Mace of Molag Bal, 11. Ring of Namira, 12. the Skeleton Key, 13. Spellbreaker, 14. Wabbajack, and 15. Skull of Corruption.  BAD NEWS. The achievement still doesn't unlock.  The skeleton key is SUPPOSED to count, right? There's one more daedric artifact possible for me (Sanguine Rose), but that Sam G. guy has not appeared at any tavern so far.  I would sure appreciate some advice from anyone who knows about glitches with this achievement.  

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   2

There are 16 artifacts!

• Level   6

There are 15 artifacts and the skeleton key.  The achievement calls for 15 total.  The Skyrim guide book says that the skeleton key counts.  Can anyone verify this?

• Level   2

It does count, I have the book.

• Level   7

Frybread Slaps

There are 16 artifacts!

Take a look at the achievement description:  Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts

That is why the poster is asking for advice!

Speaking of which, take a look at this link - they state that the Skeleton Key does not count towards the artifact count?  (There are 17 Daedric artifacts that can be obtained on one save file in Skyrim, but the Skeleton Key does not count toward this achievement / trophy.)

So, guess that means you can't skip any of the quests?! 

Then why have an extra one if the Skeleton Key doesn't count?

• Level   2

They have 16 in case you miss one. I found Sam Guevenne in the tavern in Winterhold, have you tried all the taverns?

• Level   6

Weird, so the guide book is WRONG,  the skeleton key doesn't count?  That would explain my difficulty in both play throughs. I found Sam G. at Whiterun in my first play through and got the rose.  I'm at level 33 in this play through, have searched every tavern in every town and so far no sign of him.  This game is really teasing me for that last achievement!  

• Level   7

the skeleton key doesnt count because youre not able to keep it, nor do you earn it, from a daedric prince. it also must be returned to nocturnal to complete the thieves guild questline. ive also heard that sam g will only appear once, then after you talk to him and leave for awhile, he will never return. im not sure if its a glitch or what, but sad to say its happened to people. sam can only be found in the tavern in whiterun (cant remember which one, but its in the market district, furthest from the main gate). i know its a PITA, but you might need to start a new gamesave and just go for them as quickly as you can.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   6

Wow, I wonder if I ignored Sam G early in my 2nd play through thinking I could catch him later.  OK everyone, here's the scoop on this achievement. (1) Skeleton key doesn't count, (2) Give Sam Guevenne top priority when you encounter him, (3) DO NOT destroy the skull of corruption. Sounds like I'll have to try a 3rd time!   BTW, you certainly CAN keep the skeleton key, and can use it to quickly raise your lockpicking levels. You just can't complete the thieves guild quests until after you return it.

• Level   7

You can find a pretty good Achievement walk through here. This tells you exactly what you need and tells you which items are missable if you don't pick the right options and what glitches if any are known on each quest. I don't have the achievement yet, but I'm working on it using that guide. So far it's pretty accurate.

Hope it helps.

• Level   6

DarthLama

You can find a pretty good Achievement walk through here. This tells you exactly what you need and tells you which items are missable if you don't pick the right options and what glitches if any are known on each quest. I don't have the achievement yet, but I'm working on it using that guide. So far it's pretty accurate.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the excellent link.  I am starting my 3rd play through which will focus on the deadric quests. What REALLY disappoints me is that I had paid $27 for the Prima Official Skyrim Guide, only to discover that it gives bogus information on the Oblivion Walker achievement.  Hope this post helps others avoid the same mistakes I made with Oblivion Walker.  BTW, in all other respects, the Prima guide was pretty good.

• Level   9

Sam does appear again if you turn him down first time,  I know this as it happened to me, secondly he does not only appear in Whiterun he appears randomly in other taverns. (for me it was Windhelm, for my mate Riften)

You can get two Daedric artifacts from the Hircine quest.   SPOILER ****    

Side with the wolf first and kill the bandits and then exit the cave where Hircine will reward you.  Then re enter the cave and kill the wolf and Hircine will reward you again.   Thats how i had to do it as i did not get the skull of corruption.

• Level   9

"Thanks for the excellent link.  I am starting my 3rd play through which will focus on the deadric quests. What REALLY disappoints me is that I had paid $27 for the Prima Official Skyrim Guide, only to discover that it gives bogus information on the Oblivion Walker achievement.  Hope this post helps others avoid the same mistakes I made with Oblivion Walker.  BTW, in all other respects, the Prima guide was pretty good".

I haven't heard of a single official guide released alongside the game that was 100% right.... developers change things and the guides aren't updated. Provided a guide is still great I don't mind : )

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   1

I have a question regarding this achievement, guys. Do I need to OWN all 15 of the artifacts in order to unlock the achievement? I have maybe completed about 12 Deadric quests up to now, but in a few moments of drunken 'wisdom' I sold a couple of the artifacts given to me. Have I messed up my chances of getting this achievement?

• Level   2

I believe you just need to posses them at one point. At least, that's how  it worked for me. I sold half of everything I've owned and didn't have any problem get the chievo to pop up.