Adjust in-game screen size

• Level   4
    Anyone know how to do this or if its even possible?? I play on a 50" DLP Samsung 720p TV and half the wording at the bottom of the screen is cut off. For example when you go to your inventor and it says (+) or (-) on your armor/damage stats, I can't see it all. This is the only game Ive had issues with. Anyone know how to fix it? Most games have an ingame adjustment, but I dont see one, unless I'm blind. Thanks in advance

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete. Drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am.

• Level   4

I have the same issue with most games as I have a "relatively" old HDTV.... however I didn't notice a way to do this in skyrim some of the stuff is cut off on my screen as well.

Oh yea well Dracula called and he's coming over tonight for you, and I said ok. - Master Shake

• Level   4

My HDTV is about 5 years old...its quite annoying that i can only see half of the bottom of the screen where my gold/weight and item details are....but at least i can see SOME OF IT

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete. Drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am.

• Level   4

you cant re size your HDTV?? I have about 6 preset settings everything from theatre to Full Screen.. and I do believe it is possible on the change settings on your dash

scroll over to Settings/ Systems / Console settings / Display  .. Im pretty sure its the HDTV settings mine is at 1081i an it works good for me

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   7

Can we get your T.V. model number to check out its statistic's for possible solutions.  Give us the model number off the back, should be next to the manufacture date.  Also do you have access to all of it's features? Can you access all sub menu's on your T.V.?

-

My first suggestion would be your television may not be in the proper aspect ratio for your Xbox settings.

There is the possibility there is no fix,  but maybe we can help solve something.

-

Also if you can additionally list all of your settings off of your xbox display settings,  and all your tv's picture settings.

• Level   4

Yea I guess that information would help. I'll get it written down this evening and re-post it and see if I can be fixed. Thanks for the replies

• Level   7

After looking at my T.V.  I noticed the only way to change my aspect ration my T.V. is on the remote with a little button that says format.  

-

I just noticed you said your T.V. is DLP,  which I think stands for Dual Laser Projection.  Just guessing another problem could be your projection mount inside the television could actually be projected under the masking.  I don't know enough to say it's a safe or easy thing to fix yourself,  if that is the case.

• Level   3

I have a 2009 Sony Bravia 46" LCD (KDL-46XBR9).  I have the Xbox connected with HDMI cables and set to 1080p.  The TV offers different screen ratios, but I keep it at 16:9.  No problems here at all.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=KDL46XBR9&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

• Level   3

My older HDTV had the same exact problem because it was not a wide screen hdtv. It was a Sony Trinitron Wega and the picture quality was very very good but it cut the left and right side of the screen off because it was not wide screen.  Non of the tv settings would fix it. So I recently bought a new tv to fix that issue.

After a LOT of research on tvs and after a month of trial and error, I just purchased the Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX720 40" 3D LED-LCD TV 120hz 240 motionflow.  This is by far THE best looking tv for gaming out there.  Belive me I checked EVERY tv in Best Buy and ABC Warehous. Finally brought my 360 directly to the store and started hooking to all the tvs they had. This Sony Bravia is as good as it gets.   The image fits perfectly on the screen with the 16:9 setting. There are also a ton of other settings.    Your 50" Samsung should have a setting somewhere in the menu or on the remote that allows you to fit your 360 to the screen.   If your HDTV is not widescreen then you might be out of luck and might need a new hdtv.  I suggest the Sony Bravia listed in bold. 

• Level   3

I agree Camaro - I don't have 3D, but the 240hz motionflow really makes gaming look sweet.  I previously had it hooked to a 40" Samsung LCD.  It looked pretty good, but not as good as the Sony does.

From Sony in my TV model's specs: 

Motionflow™ 240Hz technology: detail and clarity so you enjoy exceptional motion detail in sports, movies and games. Motionflow 240Hz technology quadruples the frame rate, resulting in a crisp fluid motion and a natural, realistic viewing experience.

• Level   3

^  Yes that 240 motionflow and 120hz makes a HUGE difference especially with motion blur and jaggies.  It cleans them right up. You can rotate in games and everything in the backround stays perfectly clear like a picture.  Any othe tv under 120hz would just get blurry or have jaggie lines.  Or you would get a judder effect. The 240 motionflow and 120hz is truly somethign you have to see to believe.

I havent even used the 3d yet. In fact I didnt even care about 3d but the tv was so incredible that I had to have it.  The Tv also has a bunch of "smart" features like netflix or other things but I have not used those.  Havent even hooked it to the internet yet.   Eventually I will get some 3d glasses to check it out or even check out the smart features. But the main reason I purchased this Sony Bravia  was for how amazing the tv looked while gaming and movies. I even tried the Sony Bravia with only 60 hz and it just wasnt anywhere near as good at all.  The 240motionflow and 120hz dominated the 60hz.     No other tv was even close.

• Level   1

im currently having that problem right now with my 10" symphonic from the mid 90's early 2000's....but i cant see anything on this tv but on my other one thats about the same size and i believe is a panasonic i can just barely see the numbers on the bottom of the screen but not enough to know what my health is