Trying to make my own True Shot potion

• Level   3

I've read on here about how people made their own version of the True Shot potion and it did something stupid like 147% more damage with bows.  How can I do this?  I'm playing with a Dark Elf right now who's at Level 41 and I'd love to be able to one shot, one kill any enemy I come across.  Any tips for me?

• Level   3

I'm not sure what the ingredients are for a trueshot potion, but if people were gettting 147% increase in any potion, they were probably using a glitch of some sort.  I know there is a restoration glitch that will improve the effects of your fortify alchemy gear exponentially.  For instance, if you wear 4 clothing pieces with + fortify alchemy enchantments on them, and then combine small antlers with a cyrodillic spadetail, you will get a fortify restoration potion.  Drink this, and you will see that your alchemy gear has buffed to a greater +alch %.  Unequip your alchemy gear, then re-equip it.  Make ANOTHER potion of fortify restoration, this time while your gear is already buffed, and you will make an even more powerful potion.  Lather rinse and repeat.  So basically, once your gear is at an alchemy level you are happy with, create your Trueshot potion, and it will be stupidly powerful ... but to be honest, this kind of exploit makes the game less fun to me.  

• Level   3

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of work that I don't feel like doing, lol.  I'll wait and see what other people have to say about it before I stick with a course of action.

• Level   7

The 147% is a tadd misleading. Bethesdas at it again. How can anything be over 100%. I took a potion of sure shot that gives 40% increase and while wearing my bracers that give 35% and using my bow that is Legendary and does 100 damage. Add it all up and you have the magical 175. (NOT?) The effect is that your screen shows 1.75x Dam or as in my case, sneak attacks will sometimes yield 2.0x dam and that enemy is dead with one shot.

If your going to make your own potion? You have to get your alchemy skill up and take an enhancing potion to increase your temporary skill so when you make said potion, it will be that much better. Mind boggling!!! Make a plan and follow your plan for the best results.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

"The 147% is a tadd misleading. Bethesdas at it again. How can anything be over 100%?"

140% = 1.4x?

140% extra = 2.4x?

A Potion that gives +140% makes your total [affected attribute] 2.4x as strong?

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   7

ChainSmokingBob

"The 147% is a tadd misleading. Bethesdas at it again. How can anything be over 100%?"

140% = 1.4x?

140% extra = 2.4x?

A Potion that gives +140% makes your total [affected attribute] 2.4x as strong?

Yea! That's the ticket! The question was the rhetorical part, my math skills are not quite Mensa or anything like that but we're saying the same thing. I was trying to suggest how to "Make his potion better" by enhancing his alchemy skill.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!