Dawnguard DLC.. How do you start the quest?

• Level   1

It doesn't say that exactly. What it says for me is "loading downloaded content please wait" for like 2 secs and is gone. When you redownload the DLC do you redeem the code again and do you have to pay again?

• Level   5

Should just be able to go into your download history and re-download it from there.  Shouldn't have to pay twice.  Weird that yours doesn't say the same thing as mine.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   7

Probably so but did you check your system files to see if it is actually there. You "Don't" have to pay twice. Everything you download is in your history and you can always download it again. I once got a download that came across corrupted. Some unforseen glitch or other. Deleted the bad one from my HDD and went to history. Downloaded it again and all was fine. I did not have to pay for it again. Did you notice anything wierd like very long load time or anything for that download?

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

AwEsOmEmE94

No not cause I don't have internet yet...dawnguard doesn't need to be play while hooked up to live does it?

Sorry but I just noticed this. How did you get Dawnguard without an internet connection?

Texas Expedition.

• Level   1

Yeah I actually went to visit some family and used theirs but I've never really used live before so I'm kinda new to the to do's and not to do's. Since I've never really used live to download anything idk if it was an odd load time or not. Oh and I didn't mention this before but could not having my system on the newest update affect anything?

• Level   7

Well as best I can tell you then. Everything is still on the Families machine. You would have to connect live and get it from there. Once you have it, it should be okay.

The way it works is, If you did it all there, it is still on that account. If you can't hook up live you would have to be on that machine to play.

Part of the M$ system to protect from piracy and such is that connecting live gives them all the info they need to keep things apparent. They keep records. You buy something say on my machine via live. They give it to me and keep records of the transaction. Forever.

If I go to my family machine and play a game, I have the option to load my profile there. I play and save to the Cloud. Then when I get back home, the system knows where I am. On my machine. They prompt me to put my profile back on my machine and I then have access to everything I did on the family machine and I get it back from the Cloud.

To Do! all of that I have to be "Live" or online as it is called. Once all that is done all records are now where they belong and I can play all I want, even if I don't "Login".

You might try saving content from the machine you did all that on to a flash drive and then moving it to your local machine. Not sure if that will move the proper stuff or not.

Easiest way would be to get a short term Gold account and some internet. Get your machine all up to date and have a great time conversing with the family.

Sorry if all this seems busy but thats the way it works. PM me if I can help anymore.

Newest update shouldn't matter as Dawnguard was its own update. I still play and I don't have DG yet.

Texas Expedition.

• Level   4

Did your game get updated for the new dlc on the console you are trying to play it on?

• Level   1

My console isn't updated and idk that the game could be updated so idk.

• Level   2

I think you need to talk to bartenders in the Inns or talk to city gaurds until they mention it.

• Level   4

Your gonna have to get the game update, so the dlc will work.  did you download the dlc to a flash drive or did you take your hard drive, were was the dlc first downloaded to?  

• Level   1

I downloaded the DLC to my hard drive but I had it on someone else's console could that affect anything and yes I talked everybody in the game that I could but nothing.

• Level   7

Check your system files and see if it is there. Do you know how to do that? Console dashboard, system, storage, games etc.. Find Skyrim and see if the Title Update and the DLC are even there. If so then when you get to level 10 or higher ask around and it should start. It won't start until your level 10 or above.

Texas Expedition.

• Level   9

Yes, if you used someone else's console, it's blocked on yours due to download liscensing, as well as all the proper updates.

You need to take your whole console, not just HD, and redownload, and do a liscense transfer to have it register fully on your own console, otherwise it will only play while connected to live.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

Thanks everyone for ur help cause it did help I got the game working horray!!!!!:D

• Level   1

If that doesn't work try bartenders or normal people.