Drain Vitality shout

• Level   5

Okay so i just returned the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and can now start asking the graybeards for locations of words of power.  So I asked where one was and went and got it completed the quest fine.  Then I went back to get another quest and was sent to Arcwind Point which if you have the Dawnguard DLC has a drain vitality shout.  So I killed some Draugr and learned the word for drain vitality however the quest did not complete and I can not get another from the graybeards.  So I said okay simple bug I can just reload my game and that should work.  Repeated the above steps and went and completed the first word again which no trouble again.  This time I figured I wouldn't risk it with the drain vitality word and without talking to the graybeards went straight to Arcwind Point and got the word again.  Went to the graybeards to get a new word location and they gave me Arcwind point again even though I already have that one.  Tried reloading a few times and it seems that I am stuck with that quest and can't complete it whether I do it before or after the graybeards tell me where it is.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this?

The time has come for you to decide, if you want to leave it all behind,

to open the gate into my world, will you follow me?

• Level   2

The new word wall in Arcwind Point is tied into the new dlc.  Also try cleaning the cache.

Do not meddle in the affairs of a sorceress for they are subtle & quick to anger. I am the angel of death & the time purification is at hand.

• Level   5

Yeah I know that the drain vitality shout in Arcwind Point is part of the Dawnguard DLC.  And I tried clearing my system cache and still nothing every time I go visit the graybeards they give me the drain vitality shout located in Arcwind Point still, even though I already have it.  Guess this is just another of the many bugs associated with Dawnguard. :(

The time has come for you to decide, if you want to leave it all behind,

to open the gate into my world, will you follow me?

• Level   1

Done the exact same as you. Pretty annoying, been trying for the last couple of days to find every word but this is a bit of a road block.

• Level   1

I've run across some bugs with Drain Vitality in general. Anyone else learn Marked For Death and Drain Vitality by spending only 3 souls? -_-

• Level   7

I just did Arcwind point last night and I got the final word for Time. Are these all going to be random? I've been doing pretty much the same thing and only have 8 more to go.  I think I already have Vitality but one more for Marked for Death. Try Hags End and see what you get there.

Oh! by the way, I didn't load Dawnguard.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   4

Where is Arcwind point? I think that is the last of the shouts that I need to have them all.

I go where ever my whim takes me! I am both Dementia and Mania!! I am SHEOGORATH!!!

• Level   7

elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../Arcwind_Point

A quick google search got me that.  Hope it helps ^.^

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
    • Level   4

Thanks Dalbieb! That was the one I needed, now onto the Dragonborn DLC!

I go where ever my whim takes me! I am both Dementia and Mania!! I am SHEOGORATH!!!

• Level   7

I've had the exact thing happen as well and it's really getting annoying! It's happened to me twice with 2 characters. I was thinking about just going to Arcwind Point without asking Arngeir about it, but I guess I won't waste my time as that apparently won't work either.

It's ridiculous IMO, the Greybeards' word wall quests are some of the best ones. What makes it worse is that when that glitch happened to me, it didn't just fail to clear the quest, but Drain Vitality and Marked for Death actually became confused with each other. What I mean by that is:

I know those 2 shouts have similar effects... I'm not sure, maybe they have a word in common. All I know is that after I got the word from the Arcwind Point wall, Marked for Death (I only had 1 word for it) disappeared from my shouts menu and Drain Vitality is listed there twice... with 2 different words.

Should I just delete DG and HF (it has glitches too) from my current game and re-download them? If so, what's the quickest way to get them re-downloaded?