How many kids can we adopt? And where do you find them all?

• Level   5

Are we limited to only two adoptions, or can we have more? And were besides the Orphanage have you found orphans? I'd like to know so I can pick out the ones I like best from what's available... especially if we are limited to two.

• Level   5

I found an orphan kid running around Dawnstar who helps out with the ships there.  He said his parents were dead and it gave me the option to adopt him.  But since my character did not have a home yet, I let him continue living there.

• Level   5

Also honorhall orphanage in Riften. Strange that seemingly everyone in that town knows I murdered that old battle axe, yet they just can't stop giving me kids from that place.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

Oops , I misread the OP pretty badly, I'm blaming my new glasses.... And the small font on my tablet... :(

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   7

Geddyme

Also honorhall orphanage in Riften. Strange that seemingly everyone in that town knows I murdered that old battle axe, yet they just can't stop giving me kids from that place.

LMFAO OMG thats great

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   9

I did the murder as a Werewolf. Them kids were pretty terrified at first, but then they didn't mind so much.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

There's Lucia in Whiterun and the kid in Dawnstar but for some reason I can't adopt them. Something about not having room for them... even though I do.

"Kids these days, I swear." - Robin

youtube.com/redrobin183

• Level   5

RedRobin183

There's Lucia in Whiterun and the kid in Dawnstar but for some reason I can't adopt them. Something about not having room for them... even though I do.

Did you upgrade one of your rooms to the "childrens room"?    You can even replace an alchemy room with the childrens room.  Make sure you speak to the Yarls assistant to do this.   Just select the option to upgrade your house.

• Level   M

Yes, 2 kids is all you can get at this point.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   M

Is it 2 kids per house, or just 2 kids?  My guess is that you have to be married so your wife will be home to watch the kids while you are gone. So that would mean for sure you can only have 2 kids and they have to be in the house your wife lives in.

• Level   2

I adopted one kid and sent her to the Breezehome. Doing that automatically moved my wife from Solitude to Whiterun...  and then the wife complained about the house being too small.

This is getting ridiculous...
    • Level   1

For some reason I was only able to adopt one kid, I want to adopt Lucia but it won't let me nor will it let me adopt someone at the orphanage. I have a house with a children's room and everytime I go to the orphanage the only thing the adoption lady says is "Congratulations" I can't even talk to her and get a dialog option nor can I get a dialog option to adopt for any of the homeless kids seriously wtf. Bethesda if you're going to release a new DLC make sure you get rid of all the glitches before you release it because I am constantly getting glitches cuz you don't know how to make a proper video game.

• Level   7

If you do the upgrade in Whiterun it will limit you to one child. If you build the two bedrooms on your homestead it will allow you to have 2 kids although it puts all the beds in one room anyway. The beds are already owned in my home and I don't even have the little darlins yet.

One thing I do think they forgot though, is my housecarl / steward (Reyya) doesn't have a bed of her own.

I didn't think any of the kids in Whiterun were homeless.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

Yeah there are bugs. I told my wife Aela to move from Whiterun to Lakeview manor. She went but couldn't get inside. She just stood outside right against the kitchen wall. It's like she knew she belonged in the kitchen but didn't know how to get in.

So, I told her I needed help and to follow me. She did, and I ran to the door with her right behind me. I went in she never entered. I came out and she was nowhere to be seen, and then I saw the graphic of her coming out of the house. I tried several times, even though I led her in and they'd show her coming back out, she never actually appeared inside. When released from following me, she went back to standing outside by kitchen wall.

And I tried adopting Lucia in Whiterun, but it would only let me move her into the Whiterun home. There was no option to move her to any other house including the manor I'd built and fully furnished. I upgraded the lab to kids room and moved her in thinking I could move her afterward. Aela automatically came back from standing outside Lakeview. I then went to ask Aela to move again, thinking Lucia would automatically go with her, but the moving dialog was gone. Lucia had no moving dialog either. And to top it off, Aela kept bytching that the house was to small and we needed a bigger one!!

• Level   1

talk to the children to adopt another at the orphanage