Unable to buy land for Morthal

• Level   4

I know the guy I need to speak to is Aslfur in Highmoon Hall, so I can get Windstad Manor. However he isnt in Highmoon Hall but in the basement at the Blue Palace in Solitude. Because I have completed the Civil War quest, he will no longer speak to me because of my transgressions against him and his Jarl.

Now as this DLC has been released quite a while after Skyrim has been released, why didnt Bethesda think that its highly probable that most people who download their DLC will have probably completed the game. Ive got the other two lands with no problems, but I have no idea how to purchase this last land. You might say "start a new game", but why should I? Ive got some awesome weapons and dragon armour, with a lovely stash of loot. I really dont want to lose it all chasing two achievements (buy 3 lands and build 3 houses).

Any ideas?

• Level   M

I got this land last night with no problem.  Did you try the "new jarls" chambers and speak to everyone in there?  Phone post......are you a thane in that town.....tried to edit and lost caps...sorry

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   7

I'm not sure, but once I finished the war, I found many quest that were unfinished, the NPC's were gone, never to return. If this is the case, I do agree the developers should have forseen this.

1st PC - 80/88-DOS 4.0
    Becoming more machine.

• Level   7

PhDPeddler

I got this land last night with no problem.  Did you try the "new jarls" chambers and speak to everyone in there?  Phone post......are you a thane in that town.....tried to edit and lost caps...sorry

This is correct. I had to do all of this last night too.

• Level   M

The only item i lost/ could not get to after the war was a mission for thieves guild odd job quest.  One of the houses in whiterun got trashed and could not open door.  There was something i was suppose to steal, had to quit quest and get a new one.  Phone post

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   4

Yep I spoke to everyone in the new Jarls chamber in the Blue Palace in Solitude. Noone engages with you because you destroyed the imperials.

• Level   7

Are you thane? Or have you helped the jarl before hand? The steward will be the one to sell it to you but I didn't get the option until after I helped with the burned down house.

EDIT: you need to talk to the NEW jarl of morthal, not the old one. They get overthrown and are no longer in power.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   7

OAP Slaine

Yep I spoke to everyone in the new Jarls chamber in the Blue Palace in Solitude. Noone engages with you because you destroyed the imperials.

This right here is what you are not doing correct. You do not need to speak with anyone in Solitude/ Blue Palace. There's nothing there for you there in regards. It doesn't matter which side you were on with the Civil War. I kicked out the Imperials as well and had no issue with obtaining any of the Land.

You need to be in Morthal if you want the Land from Morthal. It goes with the Location, not any one Character.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   4

Aha, so I dont need to speak to Aslfur in Highmoon Hall after all!!! Who did you talk to when buying the land for Windstad Manor then LostKauz, because noone in Highmoon Hall is of any use or help, and Ive actually walked to the place too, near the abandoned shack to see if because Im Thane or whatever I am that I automatically own it (I dont, obviously).

• Level   7

I'll have to try this with my established character. He's gone through the civil war quest lines and am pretty sure overthrew the morthal thane.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   5

I am Thane  in Morthal's province, I can not get property there either. I have an unresolved issue with the Jarl there. I cannot get her to pay the me a bounty I am owed, no dialog. I thought this might be the reason for me, again I reiterate I was Thane already, before the radiant quest she stiffed me for. Good luck.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

OAP Slaine

Aha, so I dont need to speak to Aslfur in Highmoon Hall after all!!! Who did you talk to when buying the land for Windstad Manor then LostKauz, because noone in Highmoon Hall is of any use or help, and Ive actually walked to the place too, near the abandoned shack to see if because Im Thane or whatever I am that I automatically own it (I dont, obviously).

My Game is- Post Civil War/ Stormcloaks

Falkreath- Jarls Longhouse

• Jarl Dengeir of Stuhn
    • Jarls Stewart Telka (Sells Lakeview Manor)

Morthal- Highmoon Hall

• Jarl Sorli the Builder
    • Jarls Stewart Pactur (Sells Windstad Manor)

Dawnstar- The White Hall

• Jarl Skald (Sells Heljarchen Hall)

Okay, here comes the "tricky" part. You do not need to be Thane. You need at least some work done for the current Jarl. If you have a pending Misc Quest with a specific Jarl, finish it first. You do not need to have finished "Help X out of X People" Quest.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   4

Cheers LostKauz thanks ever so much!!

• Level   5

In order for me to buy the land at Morthal I had to complete my first house with all 3 wings.  Once I had done that, they forked over the land right away.  When I went to Dawnstar it was the same thing.  I had to complete the Morthal house before they would sell me land.  Once it was complete, the option came up right away.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   5

Aslfur coughed up the deed for the Morthal property for me, I was talking to the wrong guy at Highmoon.

Just an FYI, I had completed the Lake Manor place, and was able to buy the Dawnstar prop without breaking ground in Hjaalmarch.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown