Hearthfire FAQs

• Level   7

No, saw mills only sell you sawn logs. If you see a big pile of logs by your house, that is your sawn log pile and you can see they are full trees. The dialog "can I cut my own logs" will just lead to the mill owner yelling at you.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   5

PIRATE DUCK
    Have you completed the civil war questline?

I haven't, I'm guessing I have to?

"Kids these days, I swear." - Robin

youtube.com/redrobin183

• Level   7

No, was just a piece to the puzzle. Are you tryin to start or finish the nightmares quest? And are you doin this to buy tue plot of land?

• Level   5

I've completed the Nightmares quest but he won't acknowledge it. All he says is something along the lines of "You're not as dumb as you look." I've also completed 3 misc quests (sell ore, invest in the alchemy store and find the book) and still nothing.

Also, I've already purchased my second plot of land and I've completed building my second house.

I'll try complete the Civil War quest tonight and see what happens...

youtube.com/redrobin183

• Level   7

I would, since that will overthrow the current jarl. It might just work. I'm also assuming you're trying to get into a convo with him, but it's not going in like normal (zooms in on person and gives options for convo)

• Level   5

Okay so I completed Civil War quest line, replaced Dawnstar's Jarl and as soon as I spoke to her, the option to become Thane appeared! Thanks for the help! :D

I've finished building my third house, now to collect books...

youtube.com/redrobin183

• Level   7

No problem. I had a feeling that may have been the problem. Glad to know it worked out for you.

• Level   1

I can't find the toys anywhere. A few of the general goods merchants sell clothes for kids but I can't find a freaking doll. I found a wooden sword once in Rorikstead in a chest inside Sissel's house but I had to reload and when I went back it was gone.

• Level   7

Most of the ones I found have been in dungeons. I've also seen a few in general stores too, but I have had a few times where they didn't sell any glass or straw along with any kids items. Just gotta be patient.

• Level   1

I haven't been in any dungeons or anything since I downloaded Hearthfire so that explains it, and I've only been to two general goods merchants so far. Thanks.

• Level   7

Some stuff didn't show up for me right away either, but I have seen it in general goods stores too. First there was glass and straw. After a few visits I started seeing clothing and finally last night I saw a doll. It's like it slowly starts to rotate into their inventory or something. Also saw most, if not all of this at Belethor's in Whiterun.

• Level   7

How many kids can you adopt per house? Are the plots of land in easily accessible areas? Just wondering because I'm about to pay out 400 points and get my Skyrim on.

Where is the quote button?

• Level   9

You can only adopt two kids total. Not per location, but total.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

I found a doll last night in a chest at the inn in Falkreath, I stole it and it won't let me give it to my kid. Are we not allowed to give them stolen items or what?

• Level   7

why would you want to give stolen items to them?