Available Characters for Stewards?

• Level   5

I am hoping to find a steward that is not a housecarl, so I can have both.  I found this link to a list of characters (http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-hearthfire-stewards-list/) and so I tried using Mjoll.  I brought her to both the Dawnstar and Falkreath house but didn't get the option to make her my steward.  Then I went back to Windhelm and got Calder and took him to the Dawnstar house and the dialog for him to become a steward popped right up.

So, question is, has anyone else tried using Mjoll or another non-housecarl character to be a steward?  Did it work for you?

15k - Silver Tongued - Dragon Age: Origins
    20k - Awakening - Skyrim
    25k - Abstergo Entertainment - Assassin's Creed III
    30k - Brass Balls - BioShock
    35k - Big Winner - Team Crossword (OOOPS)
    40k - Stalhrim Crafter - Skyrim

• Level   M

Here is your list:

Incomplete List

• Rayya (NEW Hearthfire NPC – Falkreath Housecarl – New Marriage Option: Get the details here.)
    • Gregor (NEW Hearthfire NPC – The Pale Housecarl)
    • Faendal
    • Calder
    • Valdimar (NEW Hearthfire NPC – Hjaalmarch Housecarl)
    • Lydia
    • Mjoll the Lioness
    • Aela the Huntress (Glitched)
    • Roggi Knot Beard
    • Erik the Slayer (Glitched)
    • Iona
    • Eola
    • Onmund
    • Annekke Crag-Jumper
    • Eola
    • Brelyna
    • Uthgerd the Unbroken
    • Jordis
    • Vilkas
    • Agmaer (Dawnguard)
    • Beleval (Dawnguard)
    • Durak (Dawnguard)
    • Ingjard (Dawnguard)
    • Brelyna Marion
    • Belrana 

Taken from the OP link.

I am right now using Brelyna Marion.  I LOADED her with a ton of "Fortify Magic" for equipment and she is doing great so far.  Some of the leather items I tried to give her she would not use.

I plan on using Mjoll at the wifes house for her.  i think she would be great.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   5

The problem I am having is that I used Mjoll at 2 different houses and can't get the steward dialog to show up.  Did you do something special to get the dialog for Brelyna Marion?  Or did it just pop when you went to the property?

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   M

I was not fast enough to edit twice but I wanted to post for you the only enchantments that your followers can use.  You can use whatever but other than these they will not gain anything from them.

Followers will only gain benefits from the following enchantment effects on their apparel and armor:

• Fortify Health
    • Fortify Heavy Armor
    • Fortify Light Armor
    • Fortify Magicka
    • Fortify Stamina
    • Fortify Unarmed
    • Muffle
    • Resist Fire
    • Resist Frost
    • Resist Magic
    • Resist Poison
    • Resist Shock
    • Waterbreathing (Followers won't drown anyway, but this stops them surfacing for air.) 

Taken from here:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   M

JeffMomm

The problem I am having is that I used Mjoll at 2 different houses and can't get the steward dialog to show up.  Did you do something special to get the dialog for Brelyna Marion?  Or did it just pop when you went to the property?

I picked her up as a follower.  I then went to my house and talked to her.  The dialog was at the bottom.  I think I almost missed it. 

One other thing, when you use one of these for stewards and want to change there armor/ weapons just ask them to follow you.  Then ask to "give items", then tell them "its time to part way."

They will say they are going back to house if you need them.

• Level   5

Hmmmm - maybe I am glitched...  I just checked the options for Mjoll and I don't have the steward one.  The one at the bottom for me is time to part ways.  Same at both Falkreath and Dawnstar houses.  :(

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   M

Are you sure you dont already have a steward?  It happen to me.  I found out by going into my house and doing a 24 hour fast forward in front of the front door.  Then someone came in my house and then got kicked out, lol.

Here are known bugs so far: 

Bugs

• Dialogue may not show up to purchase land in The Pale.
    • Dialogue may not show up to purchase land in Falkreath.
    • Possible massive system freeze in the Falkreath Hold and The Pale houses, which will continue happening if reloading the autosave created upon entering said homes.
      • Removing the workbenches seems to fix this issue.
    • The area around the house in Falkreath may flicker badly. There is no known fix at this time.
    • Stewards may not actually furnish rooms when paid to. But sometimes the furniture will appear if you leave the house and return 24 hours later. (This may be false. It appears that your steward acquires the items over time, but eventually all of the items for that area of the house will be there.)
    • Stewards may tell you that you don't have enough gold when you attempt to furnish rooms, even when you do.
    • When placing items in rooms, sometimes items that you've already created appear available on the workbench, and you can attempt to remake them (taking resources to do so), but will get nothing new.
    • Hiring a bard does not always bring the bard to your residence.
    • If a bard arrives, the game's background music will play over their music.
    • Followers may abruptly leave your service when appointing a steward.
    • Your stewards, housecarls, followers, and children may all prefer to sleep in your master bed, leaving your spouse to sleep in the kids' room.
    • After purchasing the main hall in Falkreath Hold, the left wall may disappear upon entering, allowing you to fall out of the world. After reloading the area returns with everything on it.
    • You may get a greatly increased rate of frost dragon attacks.
    • A barrel under the stairs in Proudspire will be missing.
    • Even if you have a pickaxe in your inventory, you may be unable to interact with the stone quarry or clay deposit.
    • You may not be able to adopt children after failing to have a room for them the first time.
    • Items crafted on the workbench for the exterior will be removed from the list of what can be made but will either appear outside then vanish or not appear at all.
    • When rotating the camera in the kitchen in Windstad Hall, sometimes all items will visibly disappear.
    • When firing your bard they may not leave but stop playing and hang around your house.
    • Your steward and bard may decide to sleep in your child's beds making it impossible to adopt.
    • Some NPCs may not display their clothing.
    • Upon having a dog follow you home, your child may not have dialogue to keep it as a pet, or may say something like "Stupid dog." Fast-traveling and returning might open this option.
    • Crafting items, such as goat horns and straw, may disappear from general merchants' inventory completely.
    • All children in the game may appear in just their underwear, and if giving your adopted children clothing, it will cause their torso to turn invisible.

• Level   5

Yep...  I haven't offered stewardship to anyone yet in my game.  When I did the test with Calder, I didn't save and then reloaded back to a prior save so I remained steward-free.  :-)  lol  The housecarls are running around at each house but all of them still have the steward option.

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   M

It could also just be a bug with that one person.  Have you tried anyone else??

• Level   5

Must be a Mjoll glitch then.  I went and got Aela the Huntress as my follower and as soon as I appeared at the Dawnstar house (where my family is too) she volunteered to be the steward.

20k - Awakening - Skyrim

• Level   1

I heard from some sour es that Mjoll and Derkeethus are unable to become stewards, but other sites have said they can become stewards and are just glitched. I really want to know which sources are right and which are wrong, because I so want to have Derkeethus as a steward (Argonians FTW).