Stone/Clay Quarries

• Level   5

Where's a good spot to find these? I haven't been able to find any so far. 

• Level   5

they are close to all 3 houses you buy in hearthfire dlc.  clay is red/orange on ground and stone is grey like with lines in it usually connected to mountain/hill.  in falkreath for instance its very close to outdoor workbench!  no other in skyrim though!

You can tap or let it snap!
    • Level   5

I've found clay in several places nowhere near the house.

• Level   5

hmmmmm okay then guess there is more........i was not aware of that!  good to know, you dont recall where do you?

You can tap or let it snap!
    • Level   5

you only need the clay deposit near to your build site, i have not found any others and why would you need others when its endless?

• Level   5

Relatively close to all three building sites you will find inexhaustible supplies of clay and quarry stone. Look around at the stone formations in each area, the stone you are looking for is much whiter than the normal grey rocks you normally see. it is usually on the face of a rock formation. If I was to guesstimate I would say they are roughly 4' by 4'.

The clay formations you almost have to be standing right on to see, they are darker brown in color if I recall, look like a muddy patch. I started out at the work bench and walked in ever widening circles until I found them, found them in about 2-3 minutes or so.

I found an iron vein at the Lakeview site, but have yet to discover iron at the other two, in any case the iron is NOT unlimited, it takes nine whacks to clear each vein as usual.. or so I have found.

good luck Foo

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

Near your house or you can also ask your Housecarl (steward) to purchase the necessary items.  They appear in your chest outside by the drafting table.

• Level   8

Once you recognize what they look like the clay is everywhere. Look to see if there are two clay sites around your house as there are at Lakeview. I found my steward keeps obsessing about mining clay at the Morthal house and wouldn't leave even if I talked to him. This slowed down work until I found another deposit down near the fish hatchery. BTW, the wiki says the clay and stone are not inexhaustible but have 4000 units which makes them as good as. Speaking of, I was taking a swim with my fishes and before I was even out of the water an ancient dragon wanted me for breakfast! I disabused it of that idea.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   7

I've been finding more deposits all over since now I don't really need anymore. Some by the river west of Whiterun, up over the hill south of Winstad near the Stormcloak camp (if you did the imperial quests) and just happen across them randomly while exploring and hunting. You may not want to mine too much while far from home though as you have to carry it around.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

IcemanOU32

hmmmmm okay then guess there is more........i was not aware of that!  good to know, you dont recall where do you?

I didn't pay to close of attention to location, but I did find some in the plains around Whiterun near the water. Has anybody tried to sell clay? If it can be sold, it would make a good source of income for a low level character.

• Level   5

I found that both the clay and stone are close to the home. Like @ Lakeview the stone is next to the house and there is a pickaxe next to it and the clay is near where the logs are. ope this helps.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nov. 11, 2011)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   5

There is a corrundum ore vein on the ground by Lakeview Manor as well.  I stumbled across it last night.  I think it was just past the stables toward the little bridge thing that the bandits hang out on.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   7

Theres one up on the hill behind the stables also. On the way to the ruins. Corundum ore that is. Yarra always beats me to the iron deposit.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!