Can you kill every NPC ?

• Level   4

Oblivion prevented you from killing certain quest/game critical characters, no matter how much they annoyed you.

In Morrowind you could apparently, if you had the bloodyminded patience, kill every charachter in the world. If the character was necessary to completing the game  you were offered  a chance to reconsider but the game not stop you. Which is it going to be in Skyrim?

I would like to see the Morrowind version, whilst knowing full well I would fall foul of it by zapping straight past any on screen message. (save and save often)

• Level   5

Quest NPS can be killed, but are replaced by their brother/sister from the sounds of it.   I would bet that essential NPCs are either unkillable, or have a never-ending supply of siblings

• Level   8

Sounds like it, but I doubt you could at a lower level since some NPCs are bad-asses.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

Maybe if a major character dies they're replaced by a never ending supply of identical but slightly lighter colored children all named Pup.

I would think that it works like New Vegas, where you can kill pretty much everyone and the story works around it (except maybe a few ultra important people, like Martin from Oblivion. If he were to be salin, all hope would then be lost). That sibling replacement system sounds neat though for more minor characters.

• Level   7

I like in SI, if you tried to kill the Madgod ,he would teleport you miles into the air. And you die.

But sibling replacement sounds nice. Or if it is a military or militia leader, their second in command could replace them.

• Level   2

What about the children?!

No, seriously, can you kill the children? I'm tired of games that don't let you. It really zaps you away from the game when they don't. .

Mayor Mcready , when you are older and no longer invincible. I will find you.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I do not fight unarmed opponents.

• Level   2

What about the children?!

No, seriously, can you kill the children? I'm tired of games that don't let you. It really zaps you away from the game when they don't. .

Mayor Mcready , when you are older and no longer invincible. I will find you.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I do not fight unarmed opponents.

• Level   5

Nope. The chillins are invincible. Some countries have super strict laws against depicting violence against children >_>

• Level   8

I might have to get the PC version and spawn a thousand children to kill at least once a day.

• Level   5

I don't want them dead, I want them to suffer.

[Mod removed: link contained story spoilers for ME3]

• Level   4

Lol, infinite supply of siblings...I think that would be a bit too comical to take seriously. I bet they carried over Oblivion's system, but mainly so that VINPCs can not be killed in combat. It wouldn't be very noob friendly to let them die and the leave the player to figure out what happened themselves.

Hell, I have a friend who claims to "not understand" the point of TES IV. He always asks "what am I suppose to do? What's the point?", so I can imagine the problems he would have with VINPC deaths.

• Level   7

Most of the people here are like that. Unless they have a linear path with a radar and machine gun, games don't make sense to them lol

• Level   4

And yet TES seems to be attracting more mainstream players. I used to be pretty mainstream for example. I started with Oblivion and I thought it was a fantastic game, now I can't take it seriously enough to give it a good playthrough.

• Level   7

I thought Oblivion was really good! Absorbed my whole life. But now it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's because I have exhausted nearly every quest. I have way over 300 hours in it total (not this account). So now it's just me trying to make a role in it. But it doesn't hold a light up to what I hope Skyrim will be.

• Level   7

here we goes ....