skyrim won't play

• Level   2

my pre order arrived today and when I inserted the game into my xbox it recognizes it as skyrim but when I start the game the screen goes back for a couple of seconds and then says that the disc is unreadable. and I checked if it was the dvdplayer by inserting another game and that one worked just fine. and I cleaned the disc a couple of times and that hasn't changed anything(except for a mirror finish on the disc xD)

is it because the game shouldn't have been released yet?

• Level   3

No, release doesn't have anything to do with that one. Where/who did you buy it from? I know stores that sell pirated copies of games which at best don't play and at worst get you banned from XBL.

The Force Unleashed I & II 2545/2545, Lost Odyssey 1100/1100
    • Level   2

I got it from gamedumper.nl the game seemed legit it even came with the special pre order map of skyrim

• Level   3

Haven't heard of that store so I can't say.....could be a defective disc....try returning it or have them replace it.

• Level   9

Looked up the gamedumper website... Looks legit enough.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   2

I just tried installing the game, it seems to work just fine, its on 51% as i type

• Level   7

That is what I was going to suggest. Should work if you install it completely.

• Level   2

that didn't do the trick it still said unreadable >.<

• Level   7

There must be a problem with your disk. Call customer support and ask for a replacement copy.

• Level   2

well that sucks, the first time I pre order a game and now I have to send it back to let them test it and then wait for them to send a new copy. I should have pre-ordered it at a store where I chould just pick it up and then bring it back if it was faulty. instead of this bullcrap of sending it back x.x

• Level   6

What region is your Xbox? Oblivion was Region Protected so Skyrim may also be - that could be your problem. : /

XBL Gold Account: MugOfRevenge Concept Art Blog
    • Level   1

yeah what neech said  it's probably region blocked

• Level   2

it's pal region so it should work.

• Level   3

As long as both the game and your 360 are pal region shouldn't be the problem, just make sure they match.

• Level   2

but if the system and game aren't from the same region wouldn't that prevent me from installing the game on my 360?