The Forbidden legends Cant open the first door to last dungeoun (spoilers)

• Level   4

Hey Guys

I really dont know whats going on i think im experiencing a glitch. Ive done all the 3 brothers amulet collections without issue but now i went to reachwater rock to rebuild the amulet.

Picked up the emerald claw and read the note i go to the first door input Bear, Eagle, Snake put the claw in and nothing... not quite being convinced that the snake was a snake i input the other variations but still nothing...

im thinking maybe it doesnt open that door but a door elsewhere or im missing a lever maybe?

Any help is very much appreciated... ive come too far to give up on this quest now =(

All posts by me are personal opinion unless stated fact, Dont like the opinion flame it i deal with arguments each day.
    • Level   4

bump

All posts by me are personal opinion unless stated fact, Dont like the opinion flame it i deal with arguments each day.
    • Level   1

its bear whale snake

also where did u get the claw i cant find mine

• Level   3

I am also having the same problem.  WTF.  Anyone know?  Please don't say that answer is on the claw, or that you need all the amulets, or that I'm using the wrong claw because none of those things are the issue.

Thanks.

• Level   3

i did this one a while back with no problem. i have 4 Dragon Claws. Coral, Emerald, Ivory and Ruby. you only need 2 to get to the final room cannot remember which 2 but the answer is on the claws......and good luck when you get in there

• Level   3

Thanks for not reading the post stating that please don't say that the answer is on the claw.  We know it is, it still is not working.  It's supposed to be the emerald one (which is on the dude lying dead just below the door on the path) but it's not working.

• Level   1

I did it last night and if i remember correct it uses the emrald and the ivory claws for diffrent doors in the same cave. Hope that helps.

• Level   1

this is a glitch that i've came across too.

i have the emerald claw - the sequence is bear whale snake and the door still dont open.

I've gone and done other quests, come back and still no luck.

Developers need to fix this bug!!

The first time I entered the room it would even let me turn any of the symbols. I had to leave and come back then it started but now it wont open, even with the correct code.

I have all the amulets required too, but unfortunately I can't forge them.

XboxZone - for gamers in the know Online Comps, Games, Prizes, Game Reviews and more
    • Level   5

MarkCam24

I am also having the same problem.  WTF.  Anyone know?  Please don't say that answer is on the claw, or that you need all the amulets, or that I'm using the wrong claw because none of those things are the issue.

Thanks.

I remember this mission quite well... completely random and all of a sudden I was on my way  to get this amazing amulet.

-

Now, this is where you find the Emerald Dragon Claw and you're about to go in and forge the Gaulder Amulet, correct?

-

Well, the game throws you a curveball. It's not the Emerald Claw that's required... It's the Ivory! To test it, just try using it. You'll notice a startling lack of green on it. (This can be done on all doors where you don't know which claw to use... Just note the color)

-

I'm not even sure if I used the Emerald Claw at all in that mission... Can't remember for sure. It's been around 30 hours since that time so.

-

Best of luck to all!

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   1

Sorry MattKohl,

This isn't a 'curve ball', its a glitch.

I have the Ivory Claw and you cannot equip it to use it. The game automatically selects the claw depending on which door you are using.

I have tried every possible combination, entered with a companion, with out a companion,  have had the journals required, left the cave and re-entered several times, even tried it naked!!

Nothing works. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't even turn the wheel when I first entered the cave.

Bethesda needs to fix this

XboxZone - for gamers in the know Online Comps, Games, Prizes, Game Reviews and more
    • Level   5

Krazy Koika

Sorry MattKohl,

This isn't a 'curve ball', its a glitch.

I have the Ivory Claw and you cannot equip it to use it. The game automatically selects the claw depending on which door you are using.

I have tried every possible combination, entered with a companion, with out a companion,  have had the journals required, left the cave and re-entered several times, even tried it naked!!

Nothing works. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't even turn the wheel when I first entered the cave.

Bethesda needs to fix this

I know this, that's why I said to try it on the door. For me, the Ivory claw was the one that popped up when I literally used it on the door. You can see the color when he puts it in the slots and turns it. It was the last room I got to after collecting all of the Fragments and the Ivory Claw.

-

What it seems like in this thread is the OP was trying to use the Emerald Claw combination, which doesn't work. Same with MarkCam, he's claiming that it's the Emerald that you have to use when it's actually the Ivory. No glitch, it just requires more than one claw.  It was confusing to me as well at first.

-

If you use whatever color pops up (Should be the Ivory, that's what numerous guides say including the one I'm holding in my hand) it lets you through the door and into the chamber where you place the 3 Gauldur Amulet Fragments. 

-

Now if you try the Ivory combination (Hawk Hawk Dragon I believe) and it still doesn't work then it's possible it may be glitched. I'm not denying that. But for the two other people in this thread who said it doesn't work, they never said they tried the Ivory Claw, as well as yourself. If you've all tried BOTH Dragon Claws it's entirely possible it may be glitched shut. It's entirely possible that it is the Emerald that should be required but the game glitched and made me use the Ivory. I can't be sure. 

-

What is for sure is to try both of them and if neither work, then I'd say you have a problem. 

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   1

yeah, ive done some more searching on this -

You do have to use the Ivory claw - but thats on the second door, after this one we are trying to get through.

Thanks for your input though - its appreciated

• Level   1

i had the same problem.

entered the cave, the lock rings would not turn. upon reentering when they would turn, however, even with the correct code (on the emerald claw) the door would not open.

the bug is fixed (tested myself) by loading a previous save before the discovery of the cave's location.

it may work if you have a save directly before you entered the cave the first time. i tried this, but the first load unsuccessfully resolved the issue and did not try again. so i tried a save (literally 1 minute or so) before i discovered the cave (en route to it, as prompted by the reforging quest). i loaded my save from the nearby mine north by northwest of the location by no more than 45 seconds horse travel time. and on the first try, the bug was cleared. upon entering the rings moved, and the emerald claw worked in opening the first door and experienced no issus with the ivory door after.

obviously, if the bug happened once, it could happen even with a prior-to-discovery load, but i tested 3 times after, and each time was successful in resolving it. So more than likely after no more than a few loads, it should be solved.

on the flip side, i also tested a 2-month-wait-time after the bug initiated, without any resolution. so that coupled with your equipment tests makes it appear as though any amount of post-issue fixes will not work.

if you truly want the reforged amulet (+30 hp, stamina and magika) it seems you will need a prior load (which if youve been advancing for the last 10 days would probably put you rather far behind) or take a gamble that bethesda will fix it when they finally patch.

• Level   8

You are going to have to wait for the patch to hopefully fix this bug.  Poo on you Bethesda!

• Level   1

nah...my fix works, its just a matter of how much you're willing to backtrack in order to obtain the amulet.

or lik he said, you can see if bethesda fixes.

i'd go with the former.