Best way to get to 100 speech?

• Level   5

Now that the Riften glitch is patched, what's the fastest way to get to 100 speechcraft? I've tried deleting my patch, but Skyrim won't load without it. I get to the start menu and it freezes. I'm level 42, almost 43, and my speech is only 58. I sell things off one at a time, and I always sell the most expensive stuff first. I really want to get to 100 for the investment perk, and the extra merchant gold perk, right now most of my items sell for more then what merchants have. I have at least 8 weapons in my inventory right now that sell for 1400+ gold and vendors only have 1200 or less right now. The gold loss doesn't annoy me to much, what does is having to hit 10 different merchants because after one item, they're all broke. D:  I'm sick of waiting 2 days, or traveling town to town!

• Level   9

Sell sell sell.... Intimidate and bribe.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   6

It also helps to buy 5 speech trainings with each level up. Talk to Geraud Germaine at the Bard's College in Solitude.

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   6

Smithing and Speech go well hand in hand. If you smith and reinforce Ebony or Dragon items you can sell them for a high price, which helps.

I am not sure whether having the speech Perks helps level it but it's likely. Consider investing in those.

Whenever you get called out by a guard, pay them off with as much money as you can.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   8

If you're on the light side of the smithing tree then use the ebony ingots with steel to make carved Nordic armor and improve it. It's worth a lot then enchant it sell one each to very smith but start in Whiterun since there are 2 in one place. I assume you can also sell one to the Companion's smith but I confess, in all my hours on this game, I have never set foot inside the door. Speaking of enchant, I found that stamina on weapons and fortify archery or one-handed on body pieces are worth the most even early and are easy to find to disenchant.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   5

My smithing is at 100, and I went up the heavy armor side. I rarely make things anymore now.  I'm definitely going to be buying 5 speech training every level now. As far as enchanting and selling stuff, I have Banish deadra for weapons (The most expensive weapon enchant in the game) as well as Fortify Archery, sneak, one-handed, and two-handed for armor/jewelery. I was kind of just hoping that there would be a faster way to level it then just selling off expensive stuff, but oh well. More selling and training it is!

• Level   4

I levelled up by speech getting a small bounty in Markarth and using the persuade option when speaking to as many guards as I could find. Jumping off Bard's Leap is an automatic 1 point boost too.

Righty-Dokey Skip!

• Level   5

I'll have to check out Bard's Leap. I think I may save that for 90+ since I can't train any higher then that. According to UESP its a 2 point boost as well. What do I have to do to get the persuade speech option for guards? As of right now, if I get a bounty, its just fight, get arrested, or pay a fine. No other options.

• Level   8

Ya, Know, from the very start everyone kept saying that you should enchant weapons with Banish for the biggest bang for the effort. That's all well and good but in hundreds of hours of game play I have only in this current game even seen a banish weapon to disenchant. I was also told fear or turn undead was the next best but stamina and turn undead are the same and a damage stamina weapon is generally one of the earliest enchanted items you'll find.

If you are going to sell and the amount you sell for it the deciding factor then don't forget to give a coin to the beggar and wear an amulet of Zenithar and go get blessed by Zenithar in the temple. I keep altars to Arkay and Zenithar in my cellar for those times when I need them.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   4

wretchkiller

I'll have to check out Bard's Leap. I think I may save that for 90+ since I can't train any higher then that. According to UESP its a 2 point boost as well. What do I have to do to get the persuade speech option for guards? As of right now, if I get a bounty, its just fight, get arrested, or pay a fine. No other options.

You need the bribery perk in the speech skill tree.

Righty-Dokey Skip!

• Level   5

After about 200 hours on this character, I found my very first Banish weapon, ever, since I got the game. And I didn't even 'find' it, I bought it from a BS cause I knew the enchantment was really expensive and I could get my money back. I was 39/40 when I got it. Other then that its Damage Stamina/Turn Undead, and then Fear. And as you said, Damage Stamina is basically the first enchantment you wind up coming across.

I can't help but wonder if the value of an item, really does increase the EXP gained towards speech. The reason I'm curious is, I've sold quite a few potions that sell for millions of gold, and didn't get a speech increase. The amount of EXP gained for Alchemy is based on potion value, make just ONE potion worth that much, and you'll to from 15, to 100 with that ONE potion. Same thing for smithing, pop a super smithing potion and improve an iron dagger so it goes 5000 damage and its worth 600,000 gold, and your smithing will go from 15, to 100 with that ONE improvement. Yet when you try to sell something worth so much money, it doesn't do anything for speech. If it really is the more valuable the item, the more EXP you get, then how come one insanely valuable potion, doesn't make you hit 100 speech?

I copied this over from Gamewinners, it details the alchemy glitch, but the portion I copied is about increasing speech, once you have your crazy strong alchemy gear.

Then, go to any apothecary and buy a Giants Toe and some Wheat. Wearing your ring craft, a potion using these two ingredients. You should get a massive increase in Alchemy. It will be worth hundreds of thousands of Septim. No merchant has that kind of money, however sell it for whatever they have and your Speech will rise to 100. If not, make another potion and repeat.