*SPOILERS* Skyrim - Blacksmith's Elixir's

• Level   3

Im making this post because when i got my smithing to 100 i wanted the best stuff for my Dragon Slaying Beast on Skyrim, i wont go into what is the best so i dont ruin stuff for people, lets just say i used some Blacksmith potion but it wasnt the elixir for my 1st armour set, then realising that i wanted a different armour set and i had used up all my potions i wanted the Blacksmith's Elixir combined with Elven Braces Of Smithing for a 65% improvement in my armour (this may not be the best improvement % but its what ive found so far) but enough about me here goes nothing... NOTE - I cant remember where i got the gloves from, sorry.

Ok so its the BLACKSMITH'S ELIXIR'S the potion that everyone wants right...? Why not combined with the smithing skill in skyrim they are VERY effective the Blacksmith's Elixir's description is as follows...

"For 30 seconds, weapon and armour improving is 50% better"

The ingredients to make the Blacksmith's Elixir's are "glowing mushroom, sabre cat tooth, spriggan sap and blister wort" in any combination...

If anyone is finding it difficult to find these im gonna list where i found them (there may be better places but these are just where i have been)

Glowing mushroom - Bleak falls Barrow, shortly after you encounter someone stuck in a spider web, i think its the next area you advance into, you pull a chain and the gate opens inside that cave theres a decent Glowing Mushroom spawn.

Sabre Cat Tooth - Around Riften ive found to be the best to hunt and kill that damn sabre Cat.

Sprinnigan Sap - ??? (If anyone knows a decent place please post and you will get the credit for it).

Blister Wort - Whiterun alchemy shop, the woman sells them usually wait a day or two for them to replenish.

Ok so now if your not into alchemy forget that bit this is the bit you wanna read... Ive only found 1 location to get 1 Blacksmith's Elixir's upto now so if we all pull together and list our finding locations it should be all good.

There is 1 Blacksmith's Elixir's potion inside the Thieves Guild training room inside the master chest, Not the gold one the other one, you dont NEED to have level 100 lockpicking to get inside but the higher lockpicking skill will help you. My advice would be to bring plenty of lockpicks, ive also heard...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER)

While doing the Thieves Guild you supposedly get a skeleton key? If my mate is correct you can just get to the quest where you obtain this and DONT finish the quest, then you'll be able to go do your own thing with the key that NEVER BREAKS.

• Level   9

If I already have 100 smithing skill, will it still improve my gear beyond what I am already capable of?

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   3

You and me both mate and Yeah it will.

• Level   9

Alright then, on my to get the ingredients now. Thanks for the heads up

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   3

No worries, erm i dont use this very often, is there a way to edit my own post's? =\

• Level   9

There is a short time limit to editing. When you make a post you see a little icon that looks like a pencil to the right of the stars below your post. If it's not there, you missed your window.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   3

Ok cheers, i cant credit someone who finds the sprinnigan sap but still apprechiate if anyone knows where it is :)

• Level   8

I think you get the sap from a quest to fix the tree in Whiterun.

Pre-orders: Destiny, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Stick of Truth, Fable Anniversary,  FFX/X-2 HD, The Division, Titanfall

Proud owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One

• Level   9

Well it seems my alchemy skill isn't high enough as I can only select 3 ingredients to make a potion. I scoured the world finding all that stuff too. Oh well, it was a nice thought. I guess I'll have to work on raising my skill.

-

Oh and is sprinnigan sap different from spriggan sap? Because I found that at the potion shop in Whiterun.

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   3

Wow my bad, its Spriggan Sap. "Sprinnigan Sap" is just my bad typo.

• Level   2

You can buy Spriggan Sap in Whiterun from Arcadia's shop or just steal some she has sitting in the store.

• Level   1

How do you get the ability to combine 4 ingriedients

• Level   3

Hey people, ok just to set this straight ive had a few messages over XBL and i think i worded my post wrong, those are the ingredients used to make all the blacksmith potions because they all have "fortify smithing" but you CANT use all 4 at once... You'll need to use any 3 of them in any order... You'll also need the 1st perk of the alchemy skill tree called "alchemist" at a pretty high level for the created potion to be stronger.

Also Enchantments with alchemy bonus will help you with this...

Theres 1 peice that i can remember, its called "Ebony Helmet Of Major Alchemy" and its located at "Shrine Of Mehrunes Dagon"

You will need to complete Peices Of the Past Quest and right at the end kill the 2 Dremora's and pick up the Key to Mehrunes Shrine, entrance is opposite the alter (NOT OFF THE CLIFF) :D

Helm is located on i "think" the bottom shelf to the right of the centre chest.

• Level   5

I've been wondering what the ingredients are, thanks!

Tag 'em and Bag 'em!

Know the enemy; Kill the enemy.

My N7 HQ

• Level   1

im not sure if u found this out already but you said you can get 65% improvement but i know how to get over 100%.

may seem like a lot of work but get 100 enchantment skill then use a enchantment elixer and put smithing on both gauntlets and chest armor and u will get around 30% smithing on each thats already 60% then use the smithing elixer and you get 110%