I Know How To Get The Blacksmith's Elixir

• Level   5

The alchemy shop in Solitude sellls the Blacksmith Elixer and there is a nube way to get it.

I was messing around experimenting in the shop with the alchemy table and such. When something messed up I would load my last save which was the autosave right when I entered the shop. After doing this I noticed that the shop keepers inventory was changing when after a reload she now had the Blacksmith's Elixir. So I took the elixir, saved the game, and reloaded that save until she had the elixir again. Did another save........... repeat, repeat, etc. I now own plenty of the elixer!!!

• Level   5

i know the blacksmith potions actually work, but what about the gear that has "improve weapons/armour 15% better or whatever", they never seem to work at all.

• Level   5

I have not tried any gear yet as I just got my first piece last night. I will experiment later this weekend to find out. The elixer and the amulet I found will put me at 75% increase.

• Level   1

Enchant an a full set of light armor, ring and necklace with improve smithing. Take a blacksmith elixir and you can build up your armor and weapons evens better. That's what I do.

• Level   7

You cant enchant boots or helmets with smithing. Only armor, gauntlets and jewelry. So you will only get a possible 20% at 100 enchanting.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   8

Just discovered enchanting a few days ago, put one handed damage and improved smithing on. My full Daedric armour, including shield is 1101 armour. My sword does 159 base damage with +115 damage from bonuses.

• Level   5

PIRATE DUCK

You cant enchant boots or helmets with smithing. Only armor, gauntlets and jewelry. So you will only get a possible 20% at 100 enchanting.

The secret to getting items to the highest possible point is to use Enchanting Elixer's to get the Smithing Bonuses even higher. I can make something have 28% Smithing bonus. So there's Gauntlets, Armor, Necklace and Ring possible to get this Smithing enchantment (I believe so!).

-

On top of that, Blacksmith Elixer for an extra 50%. 

-

You can make some scary strong items... Game breaking for sure. 

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   5

that can happens in every store that sell potions. Even with fences.

• Level   8

I'd HIGHLY suggest you guys make your own blacksmith potions. If your skills are high enough in alchemy, you can make +100% blacksmith improvement potions. You have NO IDEA just how much of a different that makes. it took my hunting bow (26 base damage) to 163 damage(no potion) bow to a 336(with potion) bow, as my potions adds like 103%. And that was with 4 smithing enchanted gear pieces on.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   5

k0rruptiD

i know the blacksmith potions actually work, but what about the gear that has "improve weapons/armour 15% better or whatever", they never seem to work at all.

I've been thinking the same thing. I have yet to notice a single difference between smithing an item WITH and WITHOUT my +20% smithing ring. 

" 'Oh this old warship has wounds and, it won't sail for nothin' ' an old sailor said to me..."

• Level   4

These bonuses are not for when you make the item, but for when you upgrade them on the grindstone or workbench. Works fine for me, upgraded some hide bracers with and without wearing the bonus giving items and they upgraded better with.

• Level   4

Yeah I have a set of Smithing gear that adds +89% to My smithing skills for improving.

Does anyone know what ingredients make a blacksmith potion?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   5

Tatakai no Kami

Yeah I have a set of Smithing gear that adds +89% to My smithing skills for improving.

Does anyone know what ingredients make a blacksmith potion?

1. Blisterwort
    2. Glowing Mushrooms
    3. Sabre Cat Tooth
    4. Spriggan Sap

• Level   5

BlackBoxRapture

k0rruptiD

I've been thinking the same thing. I have yet to notice a single difference between smithing an item WITH and WITHOUT my +20% smithing ring. 

If you're still reading now that must mean that you want to be god of Skyrim. Okay then, let's get started. The first thing you're going to want to do is gather ingredients needed to make fortify restoration and fortify enchanting potions. These ingredients are the following:
    • FORTIFY RESTORATION: Abecean Longfin, Cyrodilic Spadetail, Salt Pile, Small Antlers and Small Pearl
    • FORTIFY ENCHANTING: Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries and Spiggan Sap.

Once you have enough of the above ingredients to make about 10 fortify restoration potions and 10 fortify enchanting potions, don your crafting armor produced from before and head over to an alchemy crafting table.

At the table, create one fortify restoration potion while wearing your crafting gear. After that, exit the alchemy lab and open up your menu. While in the menu, drink the fortify restoration potion. With the menu STILL open, unequip your crafting set then exit the menu. Once out of the menu go back into the menu and don your crafting set again. If done correctly, you should see that the % increase to alchemy on your crafting set has now gone up! From here you just recycle the process from above until you can create fortify enchanting potions that give +73442% to enchanting items.
    WARNING: If you get too outrageous with the process above you'll literally break the game and the +% bonuses you get will turn negative.

To recap the steps above in a numerical order:
    1) Don you crafting set
    2) Make a fortify restoration potion
    3) Exit the alchemy lab
    4) Open the menu
    5) Drink the fortify restoration potion
    6) Unequip your crafting set
    7) Exit the menu
    8) Open the menu
    9) Back to step #1

Hope that helps...but beware that can break the game even on Master because your char will be unstopable.

source

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=344048

• Level   5

Thank you

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison