Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Bugs

• Level   4

Starting a thread about bugs that I have found in Skyrim, whether through my ownexploration, or seen others having issues online. Please post any solutions, or new bugs that are questbeakers. Please don't post tastelessy with spoilers, or glitches that allow you to cheat. Thanks!

• Level   4

Scoundrel's Folly: Shadow (confront) Gulum El. Thieves guild quest line.

Problem:

Found that I could not follow Gulum after recieving the quest at the inn. He dissapeared outside the Solitude main gate. The map marker sent me to a light post outside of solitude just next to the East Empire Trading Company.

Solutions I have tried:

Looking everywhere around the marker, solitude, and the inn. Slept at the Inn to try to reset the quest. Cleared the east empire trading company, and the Grotto where he is supposed to go to reach his walk destination. Waited for every hour in his destination spot. Looked in every nook and cranny. Heard of someone trying to get kicked out of the Guild to reset the questline and paying their way back in. Didn't work. Heard of someone glitching under the map to try and locate him, didn't work. Found some good info on IGN and Xbox forums, but nothing is seeming to work for anyone as of yet. (hence this thread).

Apparant Solution thus far: IGN states that an update due shortly after Thanksgiving will address this bug. Frustrating.

• Level   4

The Blood on the Ice quest has completely stopped working for me. It tells me to search the crime scene (nothing I can do). I found the amulet and butcher journal and I get told to talk to Jorleif and he doesn't say anything about it. uesp.net has a big list of known bugs for it too.

• Level   4

Repairing the White Phial. Neurilon's alchemy shop in Windhelm, given after completing the questline "Recover the White Phial"

Problem: Given a list of ingredients needed to repair the Phial, namely the Forsworn Briarheart. Upon clearing the area of forsworn contact and searching the dead enemy Forsworn Briarheart for said heart, I took the heart, and it did not update the quest objective to returning the ingredients to the Alchemy Shop.

Solutions I have tried:

Mixing  my hearts, eating my hearts, storing my hearts in the dead briarheart, to rid them of my inventory,  return to the place after sleeping, Forcing the quest with Neurilons helper (the turn in tion does not appear)

Apparant Solution: Update due after thanksgiving is supposed to fix this guy too.

Workaround: If one were to enter the quest with Briarhearts in their inventory, the quest will fail. So store your briarhearts before taking the mission, and the problem doesnt surface.

• Level   4

Spectre, I have not run into this quest yet, could you tell everyone what questline this follows so we can try to be prepared? Thanks for the input! Good luck!!!

• Level   4

You recieve the questline in Windhelm, You get it by walking to the graveyard at night (the graveyard is just to the left of the main entrance, when you first enter - left as in you are facing north towards Ulfrics castle) and witnissing a crime scene about a murder. I would advise doing the quest asap, as I started the quest and then left it to do later - one of the objectives is to investigate the crime scene, and as I left the quest for later, the actual body at the crime scene has dissapeared meaning the "investigate crimscene" objective unobtainable. I will see if I can finally get the quest to work later tomorrow.

• Level   5

butterflies, glowing moth like things, dragonflies.

• Level   5

I found two: Torchbugs, and frostbite spiders.

Thank you, I'll be here all night

• Level   8

<insert slow clap>

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

I found a book for one of the Radiant Quests (The ones that are infinite) before I actually got the Quest itself. It's from the librarian Orc in Winterhold College.

-

Basically, since you aren't able to drop Quest Items (Really dumb for the most part if you lose/sell something it should just respawn) I am stuck with a book that I needed. The Quest Marker is still pointing to that empty chest...

-

Other than that, just general bugs with graphics and such. Sometimes my Inventory will tell me a terrible helmet is better than mine or my follower will put on a really crappy helmet/armor instead of the Ebony stuff I crafted for him with my own 2 hands!

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   4

Matt, Good lookin out on the Radiant Quests. Didn't run into that. I think I finished that chain already through the mage's guild, I do know that the librarian is set to give you a couple of quests, so maybe thats why you can't turn it in yet,. I'd try doing the College's quests, (mages guild) to progress that one if you havent already! Good luck!!!

Spectre, when I run into that quest, I will be sure to hammer down and do it immediatly, I hope you get your bug worked out! I couldn't find anything online about it just yet, but maybe some others will be having the problem soon! Good luck to you too!

• Level   5

Predator, I've done all of his quests so far that I could. I've done all of the College of Winterhold quests too... It's just bugged.  Not really a huge deal. So that set of "infinite quests" is locked for me for now.

-

Same thing happened with the mission in Solitude where you talk to that little girl's mom about going back to the Temple of Divines... Did the quest, talked to her about it, never said I completed. So now that marker will always be pointing at her as well as the chest where I found the book.

-

Luckily haven't run into any for the main quest missions. But it would really suck if that happened.

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   9

What's her name wont take her wedding ring back, even though she asked me to quest for it... No stuck markers though, she just wont take it.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

Joining the legion. they send you to form hraggstad (or something like that) If you have cleared the fort prior to the quest...you are outta luck. At least it seems that way for me.

• Level   4

Jameser: Cant find anything online about the ring return bug you described. However, I did do the quest, but in an almost anal order. I apologized and cleaned the temple, asked about sam, found the ring in witchmist grove, took the ring, returned it to ysolde in whiterun, headed to morvunskar, and searched for sam and the staff. Everything went fine for me. Im not sure if that helps, im just snowballing. I hope you can get through it, i was rewarded something pretty awesome that i still use all these levels later. Once you get it, youll never put it down!!!Sick! Good luck!

Prophesizer:

www.uesp.net/.../Skyrim:Joining_the_Legion

had the following to say...

1.Make your way to Solitude and speak to General Tullius.

2.He will direct you to speak to Legate Rikke which is the other person in the room

3.When you speak to Legate Rikke she wants to test your abilities and orders you to clear out Fort Hraggstad.

4.Clear out bandits from Fort Hraggstad.

5.Return to Solitude and speak to Legate Rikke again.

6.Once more speak to General Tullius and take the Imperial legion oath.

I don;t know if that helps, but again, I've found no reports about these bugs online. People are mostly pretty anal about complaining about the bugs, so usually someone else has had them, and said something. If you figure it out, let us know how! May help someone else if they are having the same problem!