You can rename enchanted items

• Level  

I spent a couple hours disenchanting and enchanting items to upgrade my character again.  At one point I looked down in the lower left and for the first time "Rename" popped up. But this option does not pop up until you have all 3 times selected. So right before you "enchant" the item, you can rename it.  I named my ring "BOW RING" because I disenchanted some Bow (archery) improving gloves. I also created some "Fire Boots" using a Fire resistance enchantment. I am still trying to find magica boots I can disenchant so I can have Magica boots on my character.

• Level  

This option is always in TES games.

• Level   4

Like myself, I didn't see it until after I had enchanted a few items. Better to let others know it can be in case they are not aware of it.

• Level   5

This will help thank you. I have diferent armor for diferent situations and I carry a lot of items, so its a pain in the but looking through everything. It will be easy to have "bow guantets, bow helmet, bow ring, bow boots" ect.

• Level   5

Glad I could help. I talked to at least 5 different friends on my FL last night and not a single one of them knew about this feature. Thats why I decided to make this thread, to help others that might not know about it. 

• Level   3

Did not see that, thanks.

• Level   3

I have a necklace I need to re-enchant sometime.   It gives me a 15% discount at merchants.  The current name always confuses me with a different neclace that is for 28% more magica.  So re-naming those will help a lot.   The only bad part is that you only get 1 chance to re-name the items. Once they are enchanted, that name is there forever.  

• Level   3

question on enchanting by leaving up enchanting I'll be able to get closer to the original value of the obect say additoinal 30 magic. now for me is 20 the better I get the better the points will be.  

The Dogg has spoken
    • Level   3

HoundDog75

question on enchanting by leaving up enchanting I'll be able to get closer to the original value of the obect say additoinal 30 magic. now for me is 20 the better I get the better the points will be.  

Yes that is correct. You can also add perks to your "enchanting" tree after you level up.  I leveled mine up I think twice and each item I enchant is around 60% of its value. If the item I disenchanted was 25% I get around 21%.    Also remember to only use GRAND soul gems.  Anything lower is not even worth using unless you just want to level up.  If you look at my "BOW RING" above, the gloves I disenchanted to make that ring were 25%, now I placed them onto the ring and they are 21% .  Yes it gets higher and higher as you level up.  The shield I disenchanted for my fire boots was 30% but once I applied it to my boots it is around 24%.

• Level   5

Whenever I enchant items to raise the skill and then sell for money, I never bother naming the items.  However, whenever I enchant an item to keep and use, I always name the item.

• Level   8

I named my soul trapping bow "voldamort"... yeah I am a loser.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

One day I will have a glass mace enchanted and called "DEATH".

• Level   4

I would love to recreate my armor set from Oblivion, but I have to rethink the setup since there are no pants sets and things are slightly different in the stats.

• Level   5

Enchanting and naming weapons and other items has always been one of my favorite things to do later on in Elder Scrolls games. Although I already knew about this, it's good that you posted it because I'm sure alot of other people didn't know you could name your enchented items. It's simple and not that big of a thing, but it's fun to do and cool to have weapons you've created with names of your choice.

• Level   4

To the original poster. You do know that you can find ANY item with the enchantment you want, whether it be a necklace/helmet/gloves/boots/ring, and disenchant it, then you can use that on whatever you choose? So you don't need to technically search for those boots of magicka, just find one of those other four and you can make your own :P