Bethesda = Patience

• Level  

Anyone who is new to these series that's what you need  Patience and just be happy it wasn't the good people who made new vegas because then you would know what glitches an long, long, long waits between anything DLC's and Updates.. I wasn't around when fallout 3 launched but from what I heard it wasn't near as bad as Obsidian & fallout new vegas..

I dont know how much bethesda had to to with new vegas but I can see now why they dragged there quantem singularity on everything, IF they were working on this one at the same time.. Every time I play this I have a unusual feeling to go play some new vegas, and when I was playing new vegas all I wanted to do was play fallout 3..

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   5

Sorry, but I can't be patient. I want my horse armor!!!!!!!!!

• Level   5

i never had any problems with new vegas, froze on me a few times after long sessions, thats about it, few enemies glitched in the floor, which was hilarious. but people were saying the entire game was broken, far from it, saving often pretty much remedied everything. i had more glitches in fallout 3 than new vegas. and i played waaaaaaaaaaaaay more new vegas than fallout 3.

• Level   5

Bethesda is a publisher, not a developer. They have published buggy games like New Vegas and Rage, but not developed them.

-

They do have an internal main developer that worked on Skyrim though. It's their main franchise so they treat it like their baby.

-

They had one patch day 1 and have another one coming out next week.

-

It's insane that they're able to pump them out this fast... Most companies have to wait at least 2 weeks for the certification to go through after a week of finding/fixing bugs and internal testing.. Bethesda did it in less than a week. Microsoft sure does love its favorites...

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   5

FueldRockets

Anyone who is new to these series that's what you need  Patience and just be happy it wasn't the good people who made new vegas because then you would know what glitches an long, long, long waits between anything DLC's and Updates.. I wasn't around when fallout 3 launched but from what I heard it wasn't near as bad as Obsidian & fallout new vegas..

I dont know how much bethesda had to to with new vegas but I can see now why they dragged there quantem singularity on everything, IF they were working on this one at the same time.. Every time I play this I have a unusual feeling to go play some new vegas, and when I was playing new vegas all I wanted to do was play fallout 3..

That was Obsidian and if Obsidian made Skyrim I would not have purchased the game.   In fact I was still nervous with Bethesda that why I rented Skyrim first to make sure it wasnt a bug infested disaster.  Luckily the game works quite well. Several minor bugs and some freezing issues but nowhere near the disaster that Fallout New Vegas was.   So after the rental ran out and I felt comfortable with Skyrim, I purchased the game.  I am not even sure if I would rent an Obsidian game after playing NV.  

• Level   5

I guess I'm one of the "lucky one's". After nearly 400+ hours on Fallout 3 (PC and Xbox 360 combined), 300+ hours on Fallout NV and around 200+ hours on Oblivion, i have pretty much only got the occasional freeze or Lock up. I never really had any "bugged" Quest Lines in any of those Games? I did get the Rad Scorpions in the rock thing once in a while, pretty funny though.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc&ob=av2e

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   5

MattKohl101

Bethesda is a publisher, not a developer. They have published buggy games like New Vegas and Rage, but not developed them.

-

They do have an internal main developer that worked on Skyrim though. It's their main franchise so they treat it like their baby.

-

They had one patch day 1 and have another one coming out next week.

-

It's insane that they're able to pump them out this fast... Most companies have to wait at least 2 weeks for the certification to go through after a week of finding/fixing bugs and internal testing.. Bethesda did it in less than a week. Microsoft sure does love its favorites...

Bethesda are devs too but they weren't the dev of games like FONV, Rage etc. New Vegas had the same problems that FO3 had when released, the problem  is that the ridiculous hate against Obsidian  sometimes do exaggerates things.

• Level   5

@camar  Fallout vegas is an awesome game!  with all the DLCis an gun runners upgrades its sweet, Im fighting the urge to go back an play some I just nuked the legions camp when I left there an I didnt even get to see any of the zombies or feral reaver ghouls I created as a result LOL

• Level   5

@Korruptid

-

you were one of the lucky ones with vegas then, my playthrough was broken, fallout 3 is one of, if not the best game ever, but vegas was just broken with glitchs, after ive done skyrim im thinking of doing vegas again as i quit halfway through because of glitches, but im guessing many patches have been realsed, honestly, the game was ruined.

• Level   5

Yup I put over 225 hours into Fallout 3 and LOVED that game. Longest amount of time I ever put into a single player game.  It had its share of bugs like people falling to their death in Megaton through the glitched rails along with other problems. But still one of the best single player games I played.   So I was looking forward to Vegas.    Got Vegas the day it came out and as I mentioned it was just a disaster. The real frustrating part was that it had the bugs and glitches that carried over directly from Fallout 3.   So I ended up taking a break from Vegas for several months waiting for the patches. IAnd even after a few patches the game still had way too many problems so I gave up on Obsidian and traded in Vegas.  Just a buggy disaster.  I dont even think I put maybe 70 hours into that game. I think I found all the locations on the map except 1 or 2 of them.  

• Level   5

k0rruptiD

i never had any problems with new vegas, froze on me a few times after long sessions, thats about it, few enemies glitched in the floor, which was hilarious. but people were saying the entire game was broken, far from it, saving often pretty much remedied everything. i had more glitches in fallout 3 than new vegas. and i played waaaaaaaaaaaaay more new vegas than fallout 3.

I have always been fascinated by the dichotomy in opinions and experiences with "FONV". I have heard the horror stories but I must say that I played through it

twice fairly seamlessly. I have overall been pretty happy w/ "Skyrim" as well.

"First to go, last to know"

• Level   5

and not to mention the disadter that was vegas its self, not the game, the place vegas in the game, awfull, just plain awfull.. no fun at all, when a new fallout comes out i will 100% get it, as im a sucker for post nuclear anything, but i just pray lessons have been learned, i still have new vegas, and want to do it in its entity, so after skyrim i may do that, with the patchs and DLC, but yeah not as big as fallout 3 or TES either, my cousin did just over 100 hours on it, and had golden pip pop ,awsome stuff, and was virtully invinicble, im thinking of doing it on hardcore when i start again, like the idea of having to sleep, eat and find clean water to survive, really plays into the post appocliptic theme.

-

shame because ive never been as buzzed about a new game as when new vegas was realsed, except maybe final fantasy 10-2, and what a disater that turned out to be aswell....so lesson, dont get excited till youve seen the final product

• Level   2

Heh, funny.  I tried really hard to like New Vegas.  Put in a lot of hours.  I even like the hardcore mode.  But Obsidian just seemed like they put zero love into the game.  Waited for patches forever.  And then in all of their DLC they gave every enemy what seemed like +25 to perception, completely negating all the hours I spent making sure I had a high sneak skill.  Super duper annoying, that.  I really thought they'd be more interested in doing a good job considering they're made up of the people who started Fallout in the first place.  Bethesda just seems to take a lot of pride in doing a good job.

• Level   8

I love having a list full of bugged quests in Skyrim... Now I don't think Skyrim even deserves a mention for GOTY.